Friday, May 30, 2008

GASC

I was so honored, nervous, and excited to be asked by my friend Sherri, to make something for display at the Great American Scrapbook Convention.


I was given one of these:With this inside:



Here's my take on it -


The cut around the acrylic cut-out was driving me nuts. I had to cut it 4 times. Love the pearls from Glitz design.



I papered and painted the inside of the case too. :) The paper is Graphic45 and the paint is an Adirondack Paint Dabber in Metallic Pearl. I thought the mix of metallic and vintage was interesting.
As you probably know, I love layering. I am trying to get better at layering embellishments in with the paper. What would you call this look? Vintage, grungy, shabby? I'm not really sure.
I decided the album would focus on Sofie's birth. So here is me at 39 week preggo, and so very uncomfortable. Isn't she the cutest little bump? I took some gems from Glitz and cut them up to make a circle around her house. The rub-on in the corner is from Maya Road.
I used Thickers to title each set of pages.
This turned out to be my favorite set of pages. My hubby gave me the words for the journaling. Isn't it sweet? :)
First I used all pictures that weren't good enough shots to be used on big layouts. Then I decided to sand them down since some of them had been "aged" by my two year old looking through them. :) On the "aware" page, I pulled back the side to expose that I had painted the pages with metallic paint.
Don't you love the big yawn? This picture is out of focus, but I knew I wanted to use it somehow. The last page is the day we brought her home. I wanted to add a journaling tag behind the photo, but I put the glue on the wrong side. (Picture me rolling my eyes.) So I will re-glue it, and add the tag once I get it back from the convention.
Oh, and I machine stitched the lines on this paper so it would have a kind of quilted look. There was a moment when I was ready to throw the machine because it randomly started putting the stitches on the underside of the paper. Any idea what that is about? I really need to take a sewing class.
Thanks Sherri for giving me the project and the chance to work with all the fun supplies. :) Hope you all like.

13 comments:

Elaine said...

Stunning - just like all of your work - sooooo nice to see such a sweet baby album!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

loved the results, even better than I could have imagined. Thanks for doing this for us!

Camille said...

Oh that's so pretty, and what a beautiful baby!

If your stitches are off on your mean it could be several things. First the tension, but if it started to happen all of a sudden when you were already ising the machine then it's more likely that your bobbin thread or top spool has somehow come out of place and isn't loaded correctly. Hope you figure it out. Cam

SandieShores said...

Wonderful album and box! You did an excellent job with the supplies. Love it all :) The pictures are so precious, I'm sure Sofie will treasure that when she grows up.

KarenB said...

Dee Dee this is amazing!!! I am so in awe of your work and so inspired!!! You do amazing work and I'm so glad I've "met" you!!!!!

Brook said...

just beautiful! I love what you have done!

Alison Gibbs said...

It looks beautif
Alison

Scraptastickat said...

ooooooo it turned out gorgeous girl! LOVE all the little details! WTG on a job well done.

The Crafty Scrapper said...

Everyone is having a fit over this at the shop. Thank you for doing it, we are honored to have you do it for us.

Carolyn

Kristi said...

Great album! Super cute daughter. Sometimes when my machine goes wonky, I just unplug the entire thing from the wall, replug and hope it fixed itself. So far it has worked everytime.

cindy said...

Sis just loves to put people on the spot! LOL. Actually, she knows taletnt when she sees it. Girl, this is gorgeous! Love the results, love the mix of vintage and metallic. I'm so anal I can't seem to bring myself to do that. LOL. This is perfect, I know it will be a big hit.

c

Kristine said...

Oh wow this is absolutely amazing Dee Dee! I love this!! You are so incredibly talented and inspiring. I would love to spend a week at your place learning from you :)

Shelley said...

Beautiful!

You looked so pretty as a pregger! and a 9.5 lbs baby, wow! you are a trooper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails