Sunday, June 1, 2008

Father's Day Album

This was my late night/ early morning project for the week. It just came together so easily. It's a Father's Day book. I did a lot of inking and distressing to give a more masculine effect. My hubby thought I should leave off the ribbon, but I told him a woman would probably be buying it. 


I used the brown and red papers from this line to give it a more adult feel than the blue.

I was going for a double inked look with the title chipboard letters. Not sure how pleased I am wit the results. I think they look like wood grain. My Hubby says they looks like they're bleeding. Men! :)

Thanks for stopping by. Happy scrapping! DeeDee


7 comments:

Camille said...

I love it, it's perfect!

Kristi said...

That sounds so much like my husband everytime. They try so hard to understand and offer advice but usually it does not work. I love the album. Very masculine.

SandieShores said...

Fantastic album Dee Dee!! Have to say you did a much better job with the papers than I did, LOL!! The MR car is a great touch :)

As for what to do with the papers left over..?? Considering how quickly it was snapped up on ebay, I'd be making another ;)

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Dee,
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! I love the Fathers Day book you made...
Penny

Scrapmymemories said...

Oh love the album! so cute

cindy said...

This turned out wonderful as well. I can imagine that any Dad would be proud to receive. You always do the coolest stuff.

c

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

fabulous. I haven't been able to keep up with all your work this week. The letters are awesome (& not bleeding)as is the use of the maya road car as a tab--genius.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails