Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Count Your Blessings

My LSS has started putting together kits, and then this month they are giving away a $25 gift card to the person whose kit project wins the design team's vote. This is the kit for the month.

It has papers that aren't shown in blue and reddish, but I didn't end up using those. Green is my favorite color so I pulled out the pieces that appealed to me. :) Below is my submission.

I painted the chipboard flower with an Adirondack Paint Dabber in pearl (looks like silver to me!), and then sanded it a bit, and layered it with one of my new Primas, and added a Basic Grey brad. The MR birdie was part of the kit. I painted the entire thing with a white Adirondack Paint Dabber, and then inked over the body with a creamy brown cat's eye, and sanded the edges of the wing to make it a bit gray. The branch was painted with Vintage Photo Crackle Paint by TH. The paper is Daisy D's and I think the scalloped paper is Creative Imaginations, but that is just a guess. The Blessings chipboard is MR, and I painted it with silver Stickles, and then inked it with a brown Cat's Eye. I think the ribbon is from Sherri's personal stash so we'll have to assume the brand is Sherri Bo Berry.


Behind the cover is an accordion album given to me by my friend Sandie all the way over in Ireland. I bet she will laugh that it has taken me this long to get around to using it. I listed some thoughts on the blessings in my life on each page. I keep it tied up in the back with the large ribbon hanging off the sides so my two-year old can't peel off the butterflies or buttons. ;)

I think it turned out really very pretty. Thought I'd also throw in a pic of the rascally yet beautiful two-year old.

Happy Crafting to you all. Dee2

8 comments:

SandieShores said...

Oh Dee Dee, it's wonderful! I love the whole thing and the very idea of your theme for it. I do hope you win :)

And yes, the 2yr old is beautiful ;)

cindy said...

Both your artwork and your daughter are gorgeous! But love what you did with the kit. How fun is that? I bet ya win.

c

Kristi said...

Wow! You are one talented gal. You never cease to amaze. Your daughter has the most perfect curls. Because I have curly hair, I really hope my first daughter follows suit. If they were just like you daughter's, I would be thrilled. Too cute!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

Yes, the brand name is "Sherri Bo Berry" hahaha......glad you did the challenge! MS S is too cute. Good to see you today too.

Camille said...

Dee Dee- I love the album! You better win.

Your daughter is an absolute doll.

SandieShores said...

When do we find out who won??????

Shelley said...

Little Sofie is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love her hair.

Kris said...

Oh My!!! What an absolute doll you have!!! WOW :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails