Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Days

Time for a new family update:

I will tell you before-hand that it has been a difficult month for my family, and if you are down right now please give yourself a break and read this later.

My Dad is being sent back to Iraq. I wish the days of war were behind us, and yet I know they are ever-increasing. My prayers seem so small against the tides of hatred and injustice.

My oldest brother is in jail. I don't want to go into the details of that situation except to say that my heart breaks for his family.

Michael is job-hunting again. The summer program he has been working for doesn't have as many enrolled now compared to the beginning of the summer so there just aren't enough hours to fill his time. Please pray something comes through this week. He has put applications in several places the last two days.

If you've seen him recently you know he has let his hair grow out into the shaggy beach look. At first he was too busy to get it cut, but now there is suspicion that he is doing it to drive his poor wife crazy. ;)

Sofie continues to be plagued by hives and itching. There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer in that area. Please pray for her healing.

Let's see, she has also developed a great love for band-aids and medicine. I can only guess she is interested in how much attention she gets from us and our exaggerated responses to her cutting her foot etc. If anyone would like to become her colored band-aid supplier please let me know as she is trying to break the bank.

In other news, we are house-hunting. Our toddler's active lifestyle has become a burden to our (extremely annoying and loud) downstairs neighbors. She needs a yard to run wild in.

Trying to keep a two-year old from making noise is stressful and unfair. We have put an offer in on a house in the Lancaster/Red Oak area that Michael really likes. Please pray for us.

Mocha is of course dreading a switch in houses, as most cats would. She makes herself ill every time we move even if it is only a five minute drive. I keep in mind that we need a house with many warm sunny spots, and just the right amount of creepy crawly creatures coming in every once in a while.

As for me, I don't know where to start. I live in the land between not-enough-sleep and chronically sick. It shares a border with no free-time and always broke. lol What can I say? We need prayer all around. ;)

Here are some pictures of my rascal.

This was our day at the beach a.k.a. the porch, a beach ball, and a Sonic slushie. :)


This is after we played in the mirror. She changed her outfit several times, and let me tie her hair up. Aren't those sunglasses cute?


This is her fluttering around with wings after finally learning how to say butterfly. She's so beautiful and clever.

We love you all. We keep you in our prayers. Dee2

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Trying again.. I swear if blogger goes down I'll kick the laptop out the window this time!!!

Firstly, I am so sorry you've been having a rough time of it. Unfortunately killing M won't help one bit. Now you may think it will, but take it from me it's not worth the prison time ;) heehee!!! I hope he's found some summer work by now, so that all those thoughts are distant memories.

Poor Sofie.. little baby girl... creeping hives *shudder*.. the mere thoughts of all that itch :S But she does have that pure beauty thing going on!! And that hair is just wonderful. I will keep an eye out for some cute band aids for her :)

I am SO sorry about your dad being deployed to Iraq. I have a cousin who is in Afghanistan so I can understand your fears to an extent. I truly wish there was an end to this war.

Your brother.. his situation is tough, I hope he finds resolution soon and that this does not affect his children in the long term. I know you can only be a great aunt to them and they are blessed to have you.

Poor Mocha, such a spoiled life she lives... yeah!!! Get over it cat, you're moving!! There will be many more sunny spots and aggravating birds!!! Who knows, there may even be mice..

Can we have a pic of 'surfer' Michael???? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease ;) LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails