Thursday, August 21, 2008

August Update

This has been a busy month for me. We're in the middle of the home-buying process, and planning to move within the week. So most of my scrap supplies are boxed up, and crying out to be unpacked. I am so excited because I will have my own room. I've never had a room of my own before that I could do whatever I want with.

I have been sketching my dream room. lol It is a fantasy, but I figure I can try to recreate some of the elements. I will have to see if I can get a picture of the sketch scanned in for my next post. Meanwhile here are the curtains I bought (the white ones). They have tiny green leaves that don't show up in the pic.


This is the chaise that I want. I really like the white because it says "No hubby or toddlers should be sitting here." Feel free to send me ideas of what to add to the fantasy.
I have some pics of one project from earlier in the month that didn't make it to my blog. It is in my Etsy store if you're interested. :) At first I was just going to make it a fun and bright girl album, but I didn't really have any embellishments for that so it is a 1st year calendar for photos.




Here is a cover shot of a custom order that I am slowly working on in between packing and working with my daughter. It took me forever to come up with an idea for a Seaworld album as the supplies out there look kind of cheesy. Don't you like my water buttons? I was so proud of this idea, although it took me forever to thread them all. Oh, and I hand drew and cut that Shamu. Oooh lala someone take me to Seaworld. I really love Seaworld. I could go 10 times a year and still love it!

A little pic of some of my recent scrap acquisitions. :) They make me happy.



Oh, and I've been toying with changing my eBay ID from FairRoe to BrownPaperPackaging to match my blog and Etsy store. Any input?

So that's all I have for now. My next update will probably be from a new house! Happy Scrapping. Dee2

9 comments:

Zoe said...

I say go for it! I just changed my user name too! Sometimes a good thing!

Kris said...

Oh how fabulous that you will have your own room!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

As for the ID change I say go for it!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

In answer to your many thoughts: White rugs with the white sofa thing & white curtains! Screams--no kids or husbands should be in here.

Love the Shamu you made & and the button water is genius.

Yes, change your name---makes perfect sense!

LoriAnnPhil said...

Hi Dee Dee...
Just thought I'd take a look at your blog. WOW! Is that my Sea World album???? Oh my GOD it is Perfect...gorgeous!!!!!! You are awesome girl! I KNEW you would come up with something "just right" for what I needed!!!!
And congratulations on your new home & having your own room...that's wonderful!
Thank you so much!!!!
Lori

Camille said...

Cute stuff! I love the water buttons. What a unique idea.

SandieShores said...

Love, love, love the Girl book! Those papers are wonderful. The Seaworld book is gorgeous. I'd never have guessed that you handcut Shamu!!! Well done you. And the buttons...pure ingenious!! You need to start giving classes!!!

On the name change, I've been toying with changing mine for so long now. On one hand it's a great idea.. but then I think about when I see other people with name changes and can't help but wonder why?? You know what I mean. To have the same name in all 3 places is a great idea though.. Hey, if you do it, I will, LOL!!

SandieShores said...

Forgot to mention that I am soooooooo jealous of your new supplies! Just so you know... haha!

Kristi M. said...

Congrats on your own room. It truely makes all the difference. I LOVE the water button idea. So neat looking. I also think that you should change your name. It makes it so easy when telling people to look on Etsy and Ebay for you. You just have to have one name on business cards, etc when promoting.

Secret Leaves said...

Yes, I DO like your water buttons! Very clever idea! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog. It's appreciated.

Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails