Thursday, October 2, 2008

Charity Auctions and a bit of Fluff

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month PFOP will be auctioning a recipe tin filled with recipe cards handmade by the team. The auction will be held October 8-18th, and some members will be hosting individual auctions for the cause as well. I have a couple of pictures to share of the recipe cards I donated. :)





Front of card 1.
Back of card with a space left open to add a picture of the prepared dish. :)
Front of card 2.
I have already seen some of the other designers cards, and they're really lovely. :)


My friend Shelley is also hosting a charity auction to raise money for a dog that needs surgery. She papered a photo frame, and titled it spoiled with the cutest little puppy embellishments. You can click here to see the auction and here to read more about it.


As for the bit of fluff, I went to an Artist's sale last Friday. It was like walking through all the very best stores on Etsy. There was hardly anything I wasn't tempted to buy. :) Alas as reality settled in that I don't have unlimited funds, I decided to go for one really great item:

It's a necklace that is maybe a tad too big for my taste in jewelry, but just perfect for my new craft room. I just love the scrabble tile with the D2 as I have signed my name thay way for nearly two decades. And though I personally don't make any claims to royalty, some might say I have an authoritative personality. ;) I still haven't decided whether I shall somehow alter the little white lady in the background. Thoughts?


This is a close-up of the pattern on my craft room curtains as someone pointed out they couldn't tell what they really looked like. I love how bright they are. Makes me happy every time I walk in there. There is currently a fluffy brown kitty napping in the one on the left, and a window sill of Little People animals melting behind the curtain on the right.

That's it for today. Hope you likey. Dee2



4 comments:

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

oh it is all so fun. The recipe cards are adorable. The curtains are fun. I think you should leave the white lady and think of her as ME (or us)your royal subject or biggest fan however you prefer to think of it.

SandieShores said...

The necklace is perfect!!! What a great find :)

Love the curtains, so bright and cheery.

Sarah said...

I LOVE those curtains!

~Momster said...

I also love those curtains. And how amazing is that that you found something made with a D2 tile? Or did your D2 signature come from a scrabble tile in some way?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails