Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Of All the Rights of Women...

The Greatest is to be a Mother." Lin Yutang This album came out nothing like I expected. I think I said that the last time I used Sassafras Lass papers. Will have to remember that next time. ;) A few hi-lights of my favorite pages.


 Don't you love the blinged-out bloom? It's so soft and feminine.


I have been trying to figure out a way to use that die-cut sheet and the Prima packaging for months and this is what I came up with. I was disappointed to see a friend of mine had done the same thing, and managed to show off her work before me just earlier this week! Haha. Guess the early bird gets the worm. :)

Love how the paper layering turned out here. I think it's a hint of my own personal style that creeps into my eBay albums. :) See the little pearls added to the paper? I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out just how I wanted them. I get so lost in the smallest details.


My favorite thing about SL papers are these funky edges. Wish I had a close-up of the fuzzy pink flower. It is uber-sweet.


One of the papers had all these sweet images that were itching to be cut-out. I think they could be collaged into something sweet if any of you would like my scraps from it. :)

I am so loving all the new Primas to be found at The Crafty Scrapper. They are running out! I hope Carolyn orders more so I don't have to hunt them down online. STOP BUYING MY FLOWERS PEOPLE! ;)

Found this adhesive felt I had been seeing pop up on people's projects. I couldn't quite get it to look as soft as I wanted so I trimmed it down and layered it with some sweet blooms.

Here's another of the images from the collage sheet. I was thinking someone could use it to jot down some journaling, or perhaps their mother's name. So sweet with the big bloom.


This is the back of the album. I did some more layering, and tried to keep the bulkiness to a minimum so nothing would come off. If you want to see more pics or just want it check it out on eBay HERE.

Thanks for looking, and happy scrapping! :) Dee2



15 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a beautiful album, you have done a fabulous job. So many pretty details
Alison

Danielle said...

What a gorgeous album! I love your blog too, so pretty. Thank you for stopping by and for the nice comment today!
Danielle

Kitty said...

unbelieveably creative! i've never seen anything like that!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

Another fabulous and stunning album

Loudlife said...

Hi Dee Dee - Thanks for stopping by my blog! The album on this post is just amazing! So gorgeous! I've never seen those clear pages before, what a great idea. Have you ever considered selling on Etsy, too? I think you'd do well there.

Ooh! I just scrolled down and saw some more. Wow! Your work is fabulous. I think you should start considering yourself an artist...

Laurie

BabyBokChoy said...

Dee Dee, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving love. I always love finding new blogs to subscribe and yours will be one of them. You obviously rawk the mini album world, wow, I can't believe how many you have here and a lot of them look as if they are ready for gifts :) fantastic work and I'll be watching :)

Terry Oulboub said...

Dee Dee, how could you not consider yourself creative with such beautiful work? You have more a knack than you think and good for you to showcase your works of art because it inspires people like myself who enjoy the beautiful works of others! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comments - I really appreciate the encouragement.

The Scrapbooking Factory said...

Hey Dee Dee this album is so beautiful! I hope it sells well for you!

Jane

bethany said...

Oh, I so admire scrapbookers! Paper crafts are not my forte...so I give ultimate kudos to those who can create beautiful things like this!

Sandie said...

What a wonderful creation. Fantastic album as always. I never tire of looking at your work.. or your flowers!!!! ;)

rebecca said...

absolutely beautiful! and so is your website, wow.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous album Dee Dee (as always) and your blog is so PRETTY!!

Tammy said...

This album is gorgeous! Of course I love everything you create.

Sherry Wright said...

Seriously gorgeous, love all the details!!

leah said...

Girl - you're like the queen of mini albums!! :) Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails