Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Family Roots

This is one of the many albums that has been patiently waiting in my stash of papers. It's a combo of Sassafras Lass and Pink Paislee papers. I wanted it to have a sort of modern feel. It didn't come out exactly like I had in my head, but I still think it's pretty cute. :) Here are a few of the pages.
It's supposed to read: Our Family Roots, Tree, and Memories. The cover is definitely my favorite page. Must be all the green. 
I decided to do lots of pockets so pics and scraps could just be slid into the album no fuss. 
I like how simple this page looks. Yum. After this, the pages are in n particular order as blogger was having issues. (Sigh.)
I thought this vellum quote page looked really nice layered with some of the Sassafras papers.
A little K and Co. sneaking in. :) More layering with the Sassafras and some BLING. :)

I think the back cover might still need a little something. I hesitate to put anything on it because it's always the first place something falls off or gets scratched. Maybe just needs some rub-ons or a signature. What do you think?
This will be going up on eBay tonight. If you're interested in seeing the full album click HERE
Anyway, one down 14 to go! :) Happy Scrapping to you all. Dee2

9 comments:

JnA said...

It's beautiful I love it!!
Maybe for the back you can do like a small little bird to go with the tree type theme and a signature or even customize it with the last name of the family who purchases the album.

Elaine said...

You always do amazing work - what a gift you have!! The cover is super sweet with the tree and "roots" tag! I love it!

p.s. the riddle - May Arts Ribbon has been ordered (I think it's actually here already - the post office didn't leave it though - big, big, order!) So I have to pick it up hopefully tomorrow! :) Want some ribbon shares?

ocbrandy said...

It's fantastic Dee Dee! I so love title and the fall colors...:)
I like the comment above, that you could make a spot for the buyer to put their family name. BUT I do also think that you should put your signature on there! Guess I'll go check out the listing and see what you came up with! :)

Sandie said...

Dee Dee, it's wonderful!! I love, love, love the colours :D

I really don't know how you can part with these beauties !!

leah said...

Gorgeous mini!!! {And I love the packages wrapped in pattern pieces on your header!! :D}

Brown Sugar Babies said...

This is beautiful.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Good gravy, you say you don't think you are creative???!!! What a lovely album! I think the back looks good plain.

Dearie, you WON a big ol' wooden acorn and a bag of candy corns on my bloggie!!! So useful! LOL...penniwig@gmail.com

Wendy Kwok said...

wow.. this is my first time over at your blog. You do amazing mini! Love them so much!

minivanlife said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! I wouldn't even knwo where to start in making something like that. So talented!

http://www.minivanlife.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails