Friday, September 25, 2009

Surrounded by Love - A Day of Crafts

Like most of you, I am so glad the weekend is here. On a good week I get to spend Friday nights at The Crafty Scrapper with good friends and beautiful inspiring products to play with, but it's a long haul to get to those Friday nights. This week has been full of doctor's appointments, bills, errands, bad news phone calls, diaper changes, temper tantrums, mountains of laundry, and the little things that just drain at my energy.

In light of the long week I took the morning off to just do crafts with my little girl. We've colored, traced, painted, glued, cut, and SMOOSHED things to our hearts content. I only wish I had some glitter so I could introduce her to the wonder. :) Here is one of our projects.


It's hard for me not to be push too much during these moments. I look for theme, pattern, and balance. She enjoys the process. She wants to get her hands sticky. She wants to see if the markers will dye her skin. She wants to taste and see that project is good. I hope we'll rub off on one another.

Here is an album I put together earlier this week. 
It was originally going to be my contribution to PFOP's Breast Cancer Awareness Auctions (October 4th-10th), but I decided to go a different direction. The cover reads "Our Family is Surrounded by Love."



A little space for some journaling. This flittering butterfly was passed along to me on a thank-you card. I thought she was pretty enough to keep on charming.

I really love the colors of this Basic Grey paper. I think it's called Indian Summer? Someone will have to yea or nay that for me.



Love these delicate fuzzy blooms sprouting out.

"Govern a family as you would cook a small fish - very gently." The pink leaf on the bottom is a rub-on from the collection I layered onto the Prima packaging from the flowers. I was feeling particularly scrappy that point. ;)


Can you see the little tag that reads strength? That has been a prayer of mine this week. That God would strengthen the weak places in my family tree. Some of my extended family is going through a really tough time, and could use the prayer.

Maybe someone could slip a sweet photo behind the vellum sheet into the pocket.


Love this velvet ribbon. There's a sweet balance in the dark color and the soft texture.

Can you tell the clouds kept moving as I was taking pictures? That and the three-year old was stepping in and out of the light. This album will go up on eBay later tonight if you're interested.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. I've enjoyed all the sweet comments lately, and would love to say hello back. :) Feel free to leave your email address if you don't have a blog I can click back on.

Dee2

13 comments:

Sandie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm yaying the Indian Summer :) We've only just got it here. I got Eskimo Kisses today ;)

I can see Sofie is going to be as wonderfully creative as her mom!!

Elaine said...

YUMALICIOUS!!! I love indian summer and sorry but I can't confirm or deny if that is right...I just know I lovey it! The May Arts Ribbon order just came in today -- I'll put it up on my bloggy this weekend so hopefully there will be ribbon AND creative surprises...or creative disasters...we'll have to wait and see! lol Great work, Chickarita!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful album. I sure hope it sells well for you. It should! And what a beautiful creation made by your talented baby girl. I love it. As tough as these days are, and I know they can be, try to cherish every moment because she will be grown before you know it!

P.S. Saying prayers for your family.

Another P.S.: My neighbor has been working on a header for my blog for over a month. I need to see if I can speed up the process. :o)

Sheila said...

DeeDee, it's just beautiful I wish you could keep it for yourself for all you have been through this past year. I hope it finds a very happy home if it can't be in your's.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Your Art is Georgeous!!!! You had me at the cover. What a blessing that will be for the family that gets it! Kt

Chani *Sucre et Cannelle* said...

Scrapbooking at its best! Beautiful things!
Love, Chani

Jen Tapler said...

This is so beautiful Dee Dee!! And I love the project with your daughter! I also find that it's hard for me to sit back and just let my son create without pushing him into my own creative "box"! LOL.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, DeeDee! And yes, I have trouble too, Cole loves to craft and I have such a hard time not being pushy. And Sophie needs some glitter glue. I will buy her some. :)

sarah said...

wow!!! first time at your blog -- you've got some major eye candy here!!

great projects. thanks for sharing!

hugs,
sarah.

koralee said...

Just found your lovely blog...I love your name! Almost came close to that name when naming my blog..brown paper packages...but instead went for bluebird notes. I love your projects...you inspire me to get back at it! Off to poke around your blog some more and see what I have been missing!

Tammy said...

No glitter, we should share some of ours!!
Gorgeous album as always!!

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous album!!

ocbrandy said...

Thanks for stopping by with those always encouraging words!
I already wrote you about this beautifully dimensional album, but what an adorable surprise to see you daughters art here too! I'm right there with you on not pushing too much... my kiddos are 7, 2 1/2, and 1. We do lots of crafting together, and it seems if I do push, they struggle to make them perfect for me instead of in their own eyes. :( It's definitely a hard fine line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails