Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall's Top 10

Crispy autumn leaves, cooler temperatures, hot cocoa, sweaters: Fall is finally here! :) 

I created this mini for PFOP's PINK charity AUCTION supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure in honor of National Breast cancer Awareness Month. All of our projects were supposed to use pink as our inspiration. I struggled with the pink theme a bit as I wanted to play with fall colors. Then I took a friend on her first trip a scrapbook store (she was overwhelmed!), and I found these adorable BoBunny papers to play with.  



I felt like I struck gold with the blends of pinks, browns, and creams. :) I spiced things up with some chipboard leaves, a little layering, and voila - I love it!




I decided to do this one as a tag album with plenty of space for journaling, and scattered 3x5" photos would fit nicely.




There are tiny hints of mustard and blood orange throughout. I think they're nice accents to make the pink just a bit more Fall-ish.

 Isn't the little owl sweet? And I love the sentiment on the right. I used to love raking leaves into big piles. I don't ever remember jumping on them, but maybe I'll do it with my kiddos one day. Of course, I'd have to move somewhere that actually has falling leaves. ;)




There is hardly anything I like better than getting outside and tip-toeing the paths of the forest, letting my mind wander as freely as my steps. I remember my very first forest walk at 4 years old in Germany. I felt such wonder at the heights of the trees, and fear that I'd never find my way back. I fancied myself a grand adventurer.


This sweet little tree on the back reminds me to stop and notice the passing of time. The leaves are changing, and I hope that I, too, am becoming more beautiful on my journey.

Happy scrapping friends. Dee2

18 comments:

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

you and the book are indeed beautiful

cindy said...

very pretty...I have a soft spot for pink and gold together and the brown rounds it out nicely! Germany? Wow...I had no idea. That's cool. The book is beautiful!

-c
yapping cat

Juliana said...

Beautiful, I love each detail :0)

Scrappinmum said...

So happy you found paper's to inspire you. I love the book. So perfect for fall.

BabyBokChoy said...

This is a beautiful album. The lucky winner will no doubt be extremely pleased with this! For such a good cause too!

Vanessa said...

This is a wonderful book! Love how you managed to incorporate the pink into this fall theme - it is perfect! Hehe, your friend will never forgive you taking her to the scrapbook store! The point of no return :) Bye bye money...

Hugs,
Vanessa

TesaB said...

What a totally amazing project! Love the beautiful colors and awesome layering of elements! Have a great day!

Kristi M. said...

Pink as a fall color... I have never really thought of that before. You really made think of how I could incorporate it into fall with browns and creams. Great job. This month was always my very favorite at PFOP. The creations are so awesome!

swell.life said...

beautiful creations! i second krisit, pink makes a fabulous fall color. move over halloween, susan g komen rules october. :)

Lynn Biermann said...

Wonderful work! I think mini albums is one of the most difficult to make! This looks amazing! Great work!

kitsNbits said...

Love this album Dee Dee, the colors are fabulous.

Terry Oulboub said...

Dee Dee, you make beautiful albums; your artistic ability is extremely beautiful! I love how you took pink and blended it with the fall colors - awesome! Thank you for your comments you made on my blog. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. It also gives me a chance to wander through your creativeness, which is quite awesome (as well as your writing). Have a beautiful week!

The Scrapbooking Factory said...

Hi Dee Dee thanks for stopping by my blog! Ive been playing with it and thought it was time to change it up....now need to find a cute header! Anyhow love your album! Its very pretty!

rebecca said...

very, very pretty. love the colors.

Elaine said...

You are the BEST at making these adorable mini albums! I love this and the fun little owl pocket strip...and then "rake, dump & JUMP" where do you find these cute things!? or are they all around and it's YOU that makes it all cute!? ;-)

Amy said...

Dee Dee, this is just yummy gorgeous! I stopped over at your blog today after reading your hilarious comment about the sentiment on my card posted today (you're a treat, friend)-- I don't know if you meant it to be funny, but it cracked-me-up!

Anyway, I can't wait to get back to the rest of your blog--great, great stuff!

Wendy Kwok said...

This project is awesome. Makes me want to reach out and touch it. Love love the pinks, browns and creams

Tatieva said...

J'aime beaucoup ce petit carnet d'automne, il est trés beau et rend bel hommage à cette saison magnifique...
Kisses from France,
Tatieva

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails