Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Family Home

It was a quiet week in my craft room. I pulled out shelves, and gave some charming papers the chance to inspire me. Most just mocked at me that they'd been sitting around far too long, so I slipped them back into their hiding places to contemplate their bad attitudes. 





It took me some time to sort through what I want to work on next. Sorting through my scraps made me want to get together some things for Etsy, but then I decided I really needed a Big Shot if I was going to try to create a following there. Follow that train? ;)



Can I share my good deal? I managed to get this brand spanking new for $43 including the tax and shipping. I am not a hello kitty fan, but you can't beat that right? :) Now to sketch some ideas for tags..





This is a paper bag album I put together when I did the last two. I love the colors of it. They're very autumnal and homey. There's a little bit of most of my favorite companies represented here: Pink Paislee (happy sigh), Maya Road, Sassafras Lass, My Mind's Eye, a little Basic Grey. I'm not afraid to mix it up!



I see some Graphic 45. I have an idea brewing for using some of their Christmas papers. One more wee before I break out all my Christmas supplies.




I just love the layout of these last few albums. I am not done playing with the design yet. I am seeing more flaps in the future. :)




Little vintage lace I found on Etsy last year. Is yellow okay for Autumn? Reminds me of the changing leaves - just not here in Dallas. :)

Happy Scrapping friends! I hope to sneak some time in the craft room soon.

Dee2





23 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful fall album! that tad of yellow lace is sweet! Now, how on earth did you score that for only $43?? Sweet Mother of Pearl!! I need it in the Hello Kitty Version for that price! LOL

Vanessa said...

Love love love it! Ha ha, I am a paper hoarder, too! Bad habit - and I already decided to buy some new paper! Just can`t stop it. Great that you got the Bigshot for only $43! I don`t like Hello Kitty either, I`d alter that somehow!! Paint it! LOL

Hugs,
Vanessa

BabyBokChoy said...

Girl, you can always spray paint over the annoying cat, lol. Where did you get that for such an amazing deal? care to share? LOVE the bag album, it's been a long time since I've seen one, yours look so great!!! And must you flaunt your neatly organized an immaculate space? ugh, mine looks like a typhoon just went through it!!

Terry Oulboub said...

Dee Dee, you are so funny. I love that craft space, all neat and tidy and filled with so many paper delicacies - I'm in paper heaven looking at it. I do like Hello Kitty so I wouldn't mind having it but mostly because it was so cheap (haha!) - great deal! The album is to die for. I really love your page by page details; how you take the time to embellish each one with such creativity! It's such a beautiful masterpeice without photos! :) Yellow lace - just love it (any time of year) and yes there's yellow in autumn (maybe not Cali but who cares; it works! ). :D

NinaB said...

These are gorgeous. I love your shabby chic style! And your craft space looks so tidy. I wish mine would look like that :-).

Kris said...

Wow look at that super neat and organized stash! I love it! Beautiful albums, too, as always!

Tammy said...

Your room is so neat! I can see why those papers didn't want to come out to play! LOL. You're so talented! I love your creative paper bag albums!

Lynn Ghahary said...

Hi Dee Dee! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all the sweet comments you've left on my blog. Blogger doesn't let me email back a response so I thought I'd stop in here instead. Beautiful album by the way! Lynn :)

Lydia said...

looks like a wonderful book, love that vintage lace what a great find!

Ila said...

This is Fabulous!!..All your work is Incredible..I've enjoyed visiting!!...Hugs, Ila
I've come here through Allison.."Stampin when I can"

Babydoll said...

Loving the paper bag album! Cute stuff!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Dee Dee, I just found this blog of yours and I just adore all your art. You are one organized woman!!! Your daughter is just a little doll, so cute! Can't wait to see what you're working on for Christmas!
Have a great weekend!
Debra

Kristine said...

awesome price on the big shot!!

great mini album too!! and nice to see your scrap space...

{ thanks for leaving me comments on my blog posts! I always smiley when i see a comment from you! ThANK YOU! }

Sherry Wright said...

Great craft space & wtg on the hello kitty find. ;) The album is *amazingly* beautiful!!!

TesaB said...

Hi Dee Dee! Gorgeous paper bag album, love your style! Thank you for all the sweet comments. They are all much appreciated and I wish I was as good as you to spread the love. I'll have you as my role model and improve on the matter! LOL! I have a little something for you Here

Have a lovely weekend!

ocbrandy said...

Dee Dee, you do mix them brands perfectly... I couldn't dream of it! I love the yellow lace, though have been wondering...is the brown tulle tied on a tag? I love the soft texture it brings too :)

So, do tell... How have you distressed your paper edges? LOL I used my fingernail a hundred times before I ever picked up the scissors, and so glad I did!

I love reading your blog Dee Dee, keep doin' what your doin'!!

Wendy Kwok said...

I think your scrap space is super neat! And that cute pink Sizzix! Just grab it... what a good buy! Love that album with the layers!

cindy said...

I like when you mix it all up! :D And your place is so organized....daaang! Wicked cool!


-c
yapping cat

kitsNbits said...

Dee I love these albums - they speak to me

scrappermimi said...

That is a deal and so darn cute! I am loving your paper bag album...and I love the yellow!

Tammy said...

Dee Dee I love your new STYLE of albums ~ LOVE them!!

Wonderful scrap room ~ and now with your new addition ~ you'll be having way too much fun!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with ;-).

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Dee Dee ~ Wonderful creations!!! I really do love your craft area too!
And of course yellow is OK for Autumn! It is OK for everything! You are soo CrAfTy!!! Many Fall Blessings!

mrs.adrienneK said...

what a lovely space!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails