Friday, November 13, 2009

PFOPs Christmas Shoppe Challenge 2

This is my contribution to PFOPs Christmas Shoppe Challenge this week.



I used BoBunny's Snowy Serenade line on this album. When I saw the papers online I thought I'd pass, but they are so richly textured and beautiful in person. I was inspired to pull out the plum colors in this paper from reading the MoxieFabWorld blog. They're hosting a Plum Crazy Challenge, and it is my new favorite color as I am trying to embrace my daughter's love of purple.



 I tried to bring out the subtle burgundy and blue in the papers, and emphasized it all with plum cardstock.

Notice the burgundy flower? I made that myself with some ribbon, and a gold sprig from Prima. I think it turned out nicely.


I used vellum and pearls all throughout the album for snowflakes and scrolls. I was hoping it would give it a nice wintery feel.




Accented with shimmery lavender stitching and flowers. What do you think? :) If you want to see the full 12 pages check it out HERE on eBay. Happy Scrapping!

Dee2

18 comments:

Kris said...

This is beautiful, Dee Dee! I love the lavender and the pearls!

Tammy said...

Another beautiful creation! Those papers are gorgeous. Best of luck with it!

ocbrandy said...

Dee Dee, How precious! I LOVE the colors and all the snowflakes!

Sherry Wright said...

Wow, this turned out so beautiful!! Wonderful work. :)

kitsNbits said...

Dee Dee what a beautiful album!!

Fern said...

What a gorgeous album.. The colors are beautiful and love all of the embellies and bling... I love it!!! :o)

Jen Tapler said...

Ok, so purple's usually not my thing, but this is GORGEOUS!! WOWZA! I don't know how you do it girl...whipping out these amazing altered albums like it's nothin'. I've been working on the same little holiday mini album for like 3 weeks now and STILL am only half-way done. UGH. I should just send it to you already and let you finish it in 5 minutes!! LOL.

Sasha said...

Now I am loving this purple color this is so fabulous .. girl I am working on a mini album today .. I RARELY do them ..

thanks for the inspo
Sasha

Lea L. said...

Wow! So detailed and beautiful! I love all the wonderful accents and embellishing! Great job with the Plum Crazy challenge!

~Lea

Charlene said...

So beautiful!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Winter said...

So pretty! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

what a perfectly beautiful card! love all the amazing details!!

Sandie said...

I've told you that I TOTALLY love this, right??!! The purple card just sets off those papers to perfection. Love your handmade flower!!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Dee Dee, just found your blog, and your work is so fantastic! Truly inspirational. Just seeing your pretty things has put me in a good mood this morning. It's fun to find another Dallas blogger!
Cheers, Andrea

Cath said...

Hey Dee Dee! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

NinaB said...

You are the queen of shabby. I just love your style. This is so beautiful.

prashant said...

I love all the wonderful accents and embellishing!


How to make a website

Damaris said...

What a great book. It is really beautiful.
Hugs,
Me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails