Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shabby Vintage Christmas Cards

I put these Christmas cards together recently. They came together quickly after I threw away the idea of stamping. ;)




This is the second card I put together. The first ended up crumbled in the trash. I was just trying to get an idea of where to go with the cards. It's a bit simple, but works for me. I was hoping the white Maya Road velvet bloom would remind one of a snowflake.



I found this image in a Crafty Secrets tag book. I thought it was super cute all on it's own so I kept the background simple.



A little distressed and shabby. Don't you love this ribbon? I have been unable to use it before now because it's too pretty! :)




I decided to play with a crinkled tag like I have been on my paper bag albums. I like the dimension it added.


Isn't this sweet? I thought the pink velvet ribbon went well with the little girls. I wish it would snow here in Tejas. Maybe for Easter? Haha.

Hope you like my version of shabby vintage. :) Happy scrapping. Dee2

13 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I promise, I'm not JUST saying this, but I love love love love vintage stuff like this. I just LOVE it, and you did a great great great job. Lord knows I have a collection YAY huge with all kinds of vintage stuff waiting to be used, you did GREAT here!

Charlene said...

Wonderful sweet vintage cards!!! Good for you...resist Michaels!!! Its bad for the checkbook!!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

I probably sound like a broken record, but your art is just amazing. I don't know how you come up with all the gorgeous pieces, or find the time to do them, but I just love seeing them all. AND I love your header with all the packages tied up in blue and brown. just so sweet. Thanks for visiting Dee Dee, you are just a darling girl!
Debra

Kris said...

These are all so beautiful, Dee Dee. I especially love the first one! Wonderful!

Sandie said...

Gorgeous cards Dee Dee. My favourite is definitely the pink velvet one :) but the vintage image is hilarious! Well done on getting them together so quickly yet beautifully!!

Great to see you use some of that ribbon!! lol.

The Crafty Scrapper said...

super cute!! I love the layered look on the tags and the vintage-y look to them all..You are really working it!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Gorgeous! I love your cards - so pretty and timeless :)
Cheers!
Kristen

Terry Oulboub said...

You know Dee Dee, they're right, these are such beautiful works of art; how you come up with so many is just amazing! I absolutely love vintage and you put all the right items in the right places to make these cards the sweetest ever; timeless like she said above.

Robin said...

You have that shabby vintage Christmas look mastered! I especially love the last one with that precious image and pink ribbon.

Karin said...

So cute Dee Dee! Love all the layers....

ocbrandy said...

You definitely got the vintage thing down pat! Are you using your cute little Big Shot for the textured tags an accents? They ad such a neat touch :)

cindy said...

uhmmmmmm last one is my fave! beautiful. and yeah, Easter snow does seem to be the norm around here for the past couple of years....

:D
-c
yapping cat

Elaine said...

Love how you used the crafty secrets images!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails