Sunday, November 1, 2009

Very Merry Vintage

It's finally November! I just love this time of year: cooler weather, hotter drinks, more time with family and friends, Thanksgiving, my birthday, reflections on faith and Christmas. We are one day into the holiday season, and I am ready to put up my Christmas tree. Sadly, I have been under the weather with a severe migraine for almost a week so I am mostly hiding under a pillow these days.

Here is a little something I worked on recently. I've decided to call this my Very Merry Vintage album.



I love the foamy white mixed with the snowflake blue. The vintage candy cane is another Etsy find, and don't you love the minty ribbons all pulled together on the spine?




I layered a mint-green vintage button with twine, vintage inspired lace, and a sweet happy holidays rub-on.




I find that when I am going for vintage - I just have to give myself permission to put on as many layers as I want - like an old woman who has passed the point where you can wear too much make-up.




Love the heavy metallic photo corners with the sweet blue image.




Oooh there's Santa sneaking out of the chimney. I hope he left lots of goodies.




Do you even want to know how many different companies are represented on this one page? I count 8! I'd give you a prize for mentioning them all, but 2 are really rather impossible unless you're one of the salesclerks that rang me up last week. :)




A few scallops to edge things out.
 
Can't wait to get a kiss under the mistletoe this year. :)



Love the ribbons on this page - simple, subtle, sublime.



Very Merry Vintage indeed. Hope you like! Happy Scrapping.
Dee2


18 comments:

Vanessa said...

Amazing vintage album!! Love it, Dee!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Kris said...

What a beautiful vintage album! I hope you're feeling better :)

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

A wonderful acrylic album for sure! I like November so much better than October, but am not a big fan of winter other than Christmas though.

Elaine said...

Good Golly Miss Molly!! What an incredibly gorgeous album! So much luscious detail and the minty ribbons on the spine are my definite downfall...as they are ribbon and you know how I am with ribbon!! LOL

Beautiful, Dee! Just Beautiful!

Terry Oulboub said...

Dee Dee, this is incredible. You have the best papers all cuddled up in a beautiful masterpiece. Your embellishments are gorgeous. Your commentary is absolutely entertaining. Yes I love the minty ribbons all pulled together on the spine! That candy cane - yum!! Another beauty from the artist! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

U posted this on the G45 ning place right?? do it!! LOL.

kitsNbits said...

I love your vintage album. It is very electic and I love the muted colors - true vintage. I also love your comments. You are so talented

{eleise} said...

OOOO I love this! It makes me really excited for Christmas!

Sandie said...

oooooh, LOVE IT!! You can do vintage so well. The whole album is just beautiful.

CraftyC said...

Wow DeeDee, thsis is totally gorgeous, infact all your books are stunning!
Clairexx

ocbrandy said...

Love it Dee Dee! I've been admiring all the vintage goodies on Etsy lately too!

Scrap*Pieces said...

love your vintage album.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the album.

cindy said...

yay!!!!! vintage! Welcome to the dark side honey! We knew we would pull you in sooner or later! Bwahhhhahhhahhhaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

LOL.
-c
yapper

PS....LOVE the album! And sorry for the headache......never fun! get better!

Tammy said...

You do VINTAGE superbly!! Gorgeous as always.

Sorry about the migraine....hope you've recovered...

Vanessa said...

Back again ;) I have a blog award for you!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Robin said...

This is just Christmas vintage heaven! So many details and such perfection!!

wisteriagirl said...

If you decide to sell this album..give me a shout out!! I LOVE IT!! Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails