Sunday, January 17, 2010

Passed Down and Passed Away

I don't think I shared here, but my grandmother passed away this Christmas. It was such a deep loss for me, and the first I have had to face in several years. I think she is the one who passed on this creative gene that I have been exploring through scrapbooking. She was a seamstress all her life, coming from a long line of French seamstresses. So I have decided that I will be taking up some other crafts this year. Quilting, embroidery - we shall see. For now, I made this grandmother album for eBay and did some journaling about my Nana that I will perhaps share soon.







Take some time to preserve your memories, and perhaps share in the handmade crafting passed down to you.

Dee2

7 comments:

Brown Sugar Babies said...

First I am so sorry for your loss. My Grandmother raised me, and to this day I still hurt that she is gone. My condolences to you and your family.

Your album is beautiful - what a wonderful keepsake.

Vanessa said...

I am sorry for your loss, Dee! You honored her with this beautiful work and I am sure she was very proud of you!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Terry Oulboub said...

Dee Dee, I'm so sorry your lost your grandmother this past Christmas. It is is so nice of you to honor her with this beautiful album. Good for you to take up some other crafts - spread your wings and fly...that's the beauty in creating and you have some great genes girl! ;p

kitsNbits said...

Dee I am so sorry you lost your nana, but you will always have your memories and your creativity to express what you learned and shared with her

Elaine said...

Dee, I was sad for you when I saw your heading, but after reading it, I got a little excited because I too think I got my creative side from my grandma!! :) So it's happy because it's something that you and I have in common - always look for the silver lining and the positive in any situation - that came from Grandma too. I am sorry for your loss but happy to see you will be trying a new hobby or two as well! (My grandma was a seamstress at a specialty ski jacket company here in town). Lots of coincidences, huh?

Brook said...

I know I've already told you how sorry I was about her passing. It is so awesome that you are honoring her in such a creative way. I am also so glad that you are having such a good time with you cuttlebug! I love it!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

such a sweet book. I bet she was a neat lady....I mean LOOK at her granddaughter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails