Monday, February 1, 2010

Smashing Pumpkin

My friend Sherri brought home a bag of goodies from CHA which I have been playing with this weekend. This is the first project I completed. 


I was given this beautiful mix of plums, pinks, and oranges to play with. The photo is my daughter picking out our family pumpkins at Central Market this October. 


I painted the wooden scalloped sign with TH Distress Crackle Painy, and then sanded the edges. Layered with Bo Bunny patterned paper, ribbon, Basic Grey buttons, Prima flowers, Prima bling, and Maya Road rub-ons and trinket pins. 


The title came from my sweet hubby. We laughed deliriously at each other's suggestions late Friday night. (Gourdous instead of gorgeous.) 



Close-up of the layering. At the last second I decided to sand the edges of the scalloped journaling tag, and I regretted it. It took too much off, but I decided to leave it. What do you think? :)

Hope you're all getting some craft time. I plan to work on one more design team project today, and then I need to catch up on projects! :)

Happy Scrapping! Dee2

7 comments:

Sandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandie said...

Wonderful wall hanging Dee Dee. Your DD is so beautiful, she's no doubt a joy to scrapbook!!

Can't wait to see the rest of what you make :) Lucky you with new CHA goodies!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

what a fun fun project, thanks for sharing! and new goodies too :)

Karin said...

So adorable Dee Dee....bothe the wall hanging and your daughter!!

Kris said...

This is GORGEOUS, Dee Dee, and what a doll your daughter is!!!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

LOVE it! Can't wait to see all of your creations. Also, love the change in backgrounds on the blog. I liked the other one a lot too, but I guess change is good ;)

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails