Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mind Your Beeswax

I took a canvas collage class at my local scrapbook store today, and I loved it! It's hard for me to start a project without really knowing where it is going, but this was fantastic. We played with gesso, gel medium, beeswax, paints, inks, etc. 


This is how my collage turned out. I was frustrated with it at different stages, but ended up being pleased with the final result. 

 My sister took the class with me, and hers came out perfectly modern. :) 


This is 6 of the 7 collages from the class. Seeing them together makes mine look a bit simple, bit to each her own. :) Can you believe we all had the same supplies to work with, and they all came out so differently?

I can't wait to try another. :D Happy crafting! Dee2

7 comments:

ocbrandy said...

Dee Dee, they are all great, but I heart yours the best :O) It's simply beautiful ;O)

Sandie said...

Gorgeous!!! I agree that they are all fabulous but I definitely love the style of yours best.

I still have gesso, gel medium and paints from the classes I did here but I've never used them since. Maybe this will inspire me to try something :)

Vanessa said...

Beautiful! You are a true artist!

Hugs,
Vanessa

kitsNbits said...

I just adore your blog,
Please visit my blog to pick up a blog award that I have awarded you. www.kitsnbits.blogspot.com
Veronica

Scrappinmum said...

DeeDee, it looks like so much fun!
I so hope to get to take fun classes SOMEDAY!
Can't wait to see you next week!
Sheila

Tammy said...

These are beautiful, as is everything you do! I bet you had lots of fun.

Tammy said...

What fun!! To be truthful, I like yours the best!! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails