Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gender Neutral, I try! :)

I have three pregnant friends right now, and I am eagerly waiting to find out whether the babies are boys or girls. Come on ladies - wave those ultrasound wands! My mom is going to a babyshower this weekend, and she wanted a gender neutral album for her friend who doesn't know the baby's gender yet. Sigh. I wanted to make a PINK PINK PINK album or something so sweet and blue. :) Alas, I think my design turned out pretty cute.


What's inside this pretty purple packaging? (Oooh, maybe that should have been my name!) I thought I'd wrap this up nice and spiffy since my mom probably won't have time to get to the store before the baby shower. 



I am so in love with these Maya Road letters right now. These are painted, inked, crackled, and then inked some more. :)


You can't tell in the picture, but my handmade rose *sparkles and shimmers* with glitter and Maya Road mist. 


I thought I'd show a couple of the inside pages. I tried to keep most of them simple and flat so I could use chunky flowers like this blue felt flower by Maya Road on the left. So pretty! I need to find more. 


Okay, so if this baby turns out to be a boy this page will need a super BLUE picture to go with the pink. Haha. I couldn't resist. :) 

Sorry the pics are dark. I did take them at 2:30 a.m. If you're hoping to recreate this album I used October Afternoon papers and embellishments, and a smattering of embellishments from Sassafras Lass, Basic Grey, and MME. 

Happy scrapping friends. Dee2

4 comments:

Scrappinmum said...

It's wonderful, DeeDee and mama can just put a picture of her adn baby on the "pink" page if it's a boy. : )
You make me itch to so scrap but I want to work on Christmas ornaments. LOL.

Sandie said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it!! She is going to be THRILLED with it. I like Sheila's idea of putting a pic of mom and baby on the pink page if it is a boy.

Fantastic work, even the packaging is awesome :)

Brook said...

I think it is gorgeous! Anyone would love to have one of your albums!

kitsNbits said...

Beautiful work as always

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails