Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scrapping for Myself :)

 I cropped the day away with some friends on Saturday, and I had the BEST time. It was refreshing and restoring if only semi-productive. I love being able to laugh and find commiseration, sympathy, and understanding for daily life. We talked about raising kids, (raising) husbands, and the crazy things we have to go through as women. I loved it.

 Brook, plain Brook no e, she calls herself created an amazing Goth inspired senior book. She is the best scrappy partner, and I wish I could take her home with me. :)


No no don't take my picture.

Sorry, couldn't hear you Mary Lou. :) She finished a HUGE project for her grandson who just shipped off to the Marines. I am hoping to use her style to make my family Christmas album this year. 


Barbara, a new scrapper, let me teach her how to make a chipboard mini. Not sure what she thought of my spare no expense motto, but it came out as beautifully as her grand-daughter. :)


This is about the only thing I accomplished as far as actually scrapping, but it turned out perfect. These pictures are of me and my daughter while I was pregnant with Blue. I wanted to remember what the days were like when she and I did everything togetherm just the two of us. 


A little Maya Road goodness off to the side. I noticed a lot of the women made flat scrapbook pages, and mine needs a crane to hold it up. ;) But I plan to hang mine on the wall anyway so I don't worry have to worry about squishing it into an album.

I added some glaze to the clock that's layered on top of a vintage milk-bottlecap, and I think I am still going to stick a tag behind this photo with some journaling.


I got to sit near Carolyn, the owner of The Crafty Scrapper, and she generously shared her stamp collection (and wheat thins) which I used on these Maya Road chipboard letters. I wanted to add some crackle paint too, but was talked out of it by my partners in crime. Something about less is more. ;)

I am entering this layout in Wild Orchids "say it with flowers" challenge. I just ordered a huge amount of flowers from them, and am going to have fun layering away with them. :)

Anyway, if you haven't been to a crop recently I highly recommend it. Happy scrapping. Dee2

8 comments:

ocbrandy said...

You are right Dee Dee, the layout came out perfect!! Glad to hear you had a great time :o)

Scrappinmum said...

I love your layout ad wish I could scrap that way. You are right in that most of us to scrap flat. it makes the pages fit inthe albums so much easier and than they don't get too thick. LOL I want to scrap some pages to hang on the wall too so I think it's the time to go thick with layers and not worry about how it will look all squished in the page ptocters. I try to go thick on mini albums.
Sounds like a fantastic time. I so wish I had a place to crop at and people to crop with. Maybe someday I will. : )

Kris said...

Your layout is gorgeous!

Sherri said...

great stuff! Less is more what??? (*wink)

Kim said...

Dee this is STUNNING Girl! What a fantastic layout!!!!! Absolutely gorgoeus!!!! Your work is so beautiful hun! I can't wait to see what you do with all of your WOC flowers now!! Thanks so much for joining us at the WOC Challenge...I definitely look forward to see more of your work! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Sandie said...

OMGosh, you entered a challenge.. I'm so proud of you *drying eyes*. Apologies to M for the introduction to Wild Orchid, lol!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout and it's tempting me to make one for myself and Em.

Renee said...

Its been so long since I have scrapped with friends. I need to plan a scrapping party.

Very cute layout.

TracyJ said...

Scrapping with friends is so much fun isn't it. Maybe not so much gets accomplished, but the sharing of inspiration, supplies, snacks, support and laughs is priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails