Sunday, August 22, 2010

27 Layouts

I am finally done with the huge album I have been working on all week. I have had it on my desk for 3 weeks, but was too sick to do much before Monday. I did a happy dance around the house when I finished the last page. It is so hard for me to work on only one project at a time. I do like to complete things, but my artsy little fingers were itching to start something new after about 4 layouts. :) I think it is all the new paper coming in from the latest CHA. 

When finished, I completed 27 layouts! I think I may have now scrapped more for A than for myself. Guess I have some catching up to do. 

Here are a few peeks at the pages.



A loves kraft paper and neutrals so I used a lot of soft colors as my coordinating theme throughout most of the album. 


I loved the torn edges of this family photo. 


I tucked a journaling tag behind the photo, and layered just so on the patterend paper with the journaling lines left in. 

I used Stampin' Up and Pink Paislee rub-ons as a flat embellishment that added just the right amount of detail to the layouts. 


This is one of my favorite pages from the album. I left layered a photo matte and some coordinating flowers on this great journaling paper from MME. 



To add a tiny bit of definition to the background paper I stitched around some of the journaling prompts. 


I loved working with all her school photos. The navy silhouette piece is from Webster's Pages. It adds a brilliant touch of color to the layout. 


 The other side is layered with cut-outs from the Webster's Pages paper, and Maya Road chipboard. 


This was my favorite of all the layouts. Empty photo mattes because I created it before I got to see which photos she'd be sending.



I just knew she would love the kraft paper base. I hope she finds something fun to add the the silver medallion in the middle. 



I'm not sure I've ever seen the combo before, but I was loving the plum, kraft, and chocolate color combination. 




I see a mix of like 5 paper companies here. :) I altered this MR envelope to work for the layout. It was too tall for the layout so I trimmed it in half and stuffed it with journaling tags. 




I thought this daisy was lovely with the wedding photo. 




All these pieces are from the new MME Lost and Found line. Delicious! I used all my buttons, and they're already sold out in at my LSS after one day. 




Love this tiny pennant banner over the new baby photo. 




I finally broke out my Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy paper for this. It is so yummy. I am sad that some of it is gone now. :) I wanted something that would work for an outdoors layout, but also function for an alternating Christmas layout and the colors of these papers were perfect. (Notice my rich Stampin' Up ribbon? OoOo lala.)


This is a peek of the Christmas layout. Love the colors. There is so much more I could show you, but I will spare you. :D

I am now fully ready to dive into Fall and Halloween scrapping. I know it is a bit early, but the 100 degree weather is TOO MUCH. I figure if I start scrapping colder weather maybe I can cool myself off. :) Hope you all have a great weekend! Dee2

4 comments:

Scrappinmum said...

DeeDee, It's amazing!! Love it. I know A will be thrilled when she gets the finished book.

Tammy said...

Spare us? I'd love to see all of the pages! What I see, I love!

Glad you are feeling better.

Sandie said...

wow!! That's a lot of layouts!!! Fabulous work as always, can't wait to see your fall & halloween creations too :D

TracyJ said...

Stunning. Spare us...please, I want to see more. I am in awe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails