Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Autumn Layouts and ATCs

One morning last week I signed into FB and read that my friend Penny had Autumn sitting on her porch flirting with cooler temps and a break from the humidity. It was so nice to have a break in the 100 degree weather even if only for a day. Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year, and I am trying to WILL it to come now. :) It makes me happy to find the store   shelves filled with Fall, Halloween, and even a bit of Christmas.


These pictures are actually from the 4th of July, but I thought the creamy neutrals went so beautifully with her dress and the deck. (Boohoo, can't believe how much my pixie has grown in a year!)


Notice the new fabric Primas? I love the mix of textures and colors.




I'm so sad I forgot to get a full shot of this layout. I love how it turned out. These papers are GORGEOUS. They are a great mix from several of the new lines. Sherri does a fantastic job kitting it all.



I like how my Maya Road leaf turned out. First I stamped it with a background stamp. Then I inked it with chalk inks, and added diamond glaze over the top. Made it look like a grungy fallen leaf. :)


I mixed the new Primas with handmade flowers and cute stickers from Karen Foster. 



This next kit was brown and grey and I added a touch of green. It's just pictures of me and my little ones playing out front enjoying the cool weather last year. 


I do like how my leaves turned out. I layered the chipboard leaf over the adhesive-backed felt leaves, dry embossed the chipboard, layered it with new Maya Road trim, and a butterfly cut from 7 Gypsies new paper. 


 I love this star embossed paper from Jenni Bowlin. That was from my stash. I'm getting better at the not hoarding thing. (Sort of :P)

I used the rest of the kit to make these ATCs. 



Yes. I do love them. Yes, they will cause problems with my resolve not to hoard. Fear not. I have already turned them in. I promise not to weep if someone swipes them. ;)



The bird is from 7 Gypsies paper, the twig is new from Prima, and that's the MR trim again. I was feeling very Darwin at the Galapagos as I made this. 

 This ATC was inspired by the tag I made for the Artistic Journey last week. I used Martha Stewart's new microbeads around the window. The only thing I don't like about the microbeads is I can't go torment my hubby by wiping them on his face like I usually do with glitter. :D 


Eeeeee. I still love it. I used a Maya Road chipboard window, and maya-misted the different pieces with buttercream and bronze. It came out very soft.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Scrapping! DeeDee


3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness! These are just sooo beautiful. Love what you did with all of it! Your layering is elegant. Want to touch them!

TracyJ said...

Like it? Ummmm...LOVE them. All of them!

kitsNbits said...

You are getting soooo good at those ATCs. Youve inspired me to make some :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails