Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nana's Brag Book

I put together a super sweet Nana album this week for a friend's MIL. I decided on the color combo: turquoise, green, yellow, and sand. I'll just share a few of the pages.

I thought the title was perfect for an album about her first grandbaby. The envelope opens up, and I am hoping she has some little scraps from the hospital to tuck in there. Her grandbaby was in the hospital for the first few weeks of his life so I am sure there were bracelets aplenty.
 

That ribbon peeking out from under the yellow scrap is a soft ruffled velvet. I inked the letters and then covered them with vintage glass glitter. Then everything got accented with a touch of antique white paint.

 I used some paper layering to create pockets for tags and scraps.
 It tried to resist using flowers since this is for a boy, but I thought these were sweet colors. :)

 The 2x3" matte on top opens up into a booklet, and clips on. :)
 Here's another page showing how I stuff in the photo mattes to maximize space in a mini-album.
 She wanted mostly horizontal mattes which is hard in a 6x6 so I put in a few 2x3" mattes. Love the way this layout turned out. The lighting on the pictures is a little off. The background paper is a rich orange so it doesn't look too girly. :)
 Used some Maya Mist on the scroll - so much easier than painting. I also added in a lot of tiny rub-ons for detailing. Do you see the "Love you" off to the right?
A peek of the back. I added a shaded envelope to tuck a few more scraps into, and stamped over it. I actually made this stamp in Aubrey's class at the Artistic Journey, but didn't end up using it on my album. I think it was waiting to be used here. :)

That's it for today! I have a sweeeeeeeeet girl album I hope to share pictures of soon. Happy scrapping!

Dee2

5 comments:

Tammy said...

What a wonderful gift ~ such a treasure for her!!

I really like the idea of the envelope on the cover for keepsakes!

Karin said...

When I saw your post come up in my reader, I thought you were referring to yourself! I thought no WAY! Love the album!

Wheel Chair Vans said...

Wow...very creative from a Nana to her grandson

tilli said...

Bellissime creazioni complimenti
Tilli

Sandra said...

I just think it's one of the nicest things I've seen ... you're so very creative - she'll just love this to bits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails