Friday, December 3, 2010

In Our Family

 This is a Dick and Jane vintage style custom order I created last month with pics of 6 kids in mind.


I themed it "In Our Family We" and tried to give some direction to the photos with things they like to do together.


Loved the colors of this page and I included so many embellishments. I hope it's a page they find something new even after looking at it a few times. 


I used vellum pockets and for stamping. I also did a lot of outlining and shading to give everything a cohesive look since I pulled supplies from 10 different companies.



 I tried to keep brown and green with accents of red and blue as my general color scheme for all the pages.


I included a ton of tags behind photo mattes. I like journaling on tags better than on the page just in case there is a handwriting malfunction. :)


Lots of paper punching and layering, and tiny embellishments to bring out the family theme. 


Love the warm colors on this page. I relied on a lot of Maya Mist for all the chipboard pieces I included.



The family had six kids so I thought this would be a cute page to put a pic of each of them. 


 I tried to make it interactive with things to open up, pull out, and fold over. 


I made my hubby laugh because I included these sweet characters, but I didn't know what the family looked like so I wondered if they would still like them if it was an African-American family. But hard to be more Dick and Jane than this. ;)


Swoon. Don't those colors look beautiful together?  I have been hanging onto that green snap since the first month I started scrapbooking. I also added a piece of film strip ribbon to clip photos or scraps to. 


I used up some lace I had left over from Halloween projects, and by leftover I mean highly coveted and hard to let go of. ;)


I tried to incorporate a lof of texture since I can't make the pages too chunky. There are bits of felt, fabric,  lace, etc. 


Another full page shot. I mixed in mattes for all the standard sized photos. 


A lot of Maya Road went into this project: tags, rub-ons, ink, chipboard, ribbon. 


I loved these colors together. Funny, I am sad thinking of that tiny scrap of velvet ribbon I used. There is a greedy ribbon-hoarder living in my heart. Haha. 

Well, don't want to overwhelm you with pics. Hope you like, and spend some time scrapping your family over the holidays. Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

ocbrandy said...

Amazing as always DeeDee! I just LOVE your style :)

kitsNbits said...

wow, great job dee!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails