Friday, December 24, 2010

NYC Traveler Album :)

I've been wanting to share the beginnings of my NYC birthday album. I am working on it in bits and pieces as I have time. 


This is the front cover. I started with a vintage bingo card. It was already nicely aged, but I inked it a bit more and added some Platinum Stickles to the edges. That blue ribbon and the green and brown seam-binding is hand-dyed.


There is a strip of Jenni Bowlin Date Stickers down the edge. I am thinking of adding in the dates I was in NYC. I need to pick up a nice inky journaling pen. I haven't decided what to add to the tiny tag. I was thinking of looking for tiny metal numbers so I could put 30. 


I added this metal frame piece in the corner after painting it rose, and then sanding it down. The fabric flower is my favorite thing about the whole album. Love the fading colors on it. The layaway tag is a garage sale find. 


The inside front cover is done with pink grid paper which I just love. I think I am going to go back and add the brads to this keyhole. 


I did some journaling about my flight, and layered in this pretty fabric flower. I think the black makes a nice neutral. I mixed in pages from a kraft colored journal to jot down fun memories. 


I added in a dozen or so giant shipping tags for journaling, and an assortment of tags and cards I've picked up at garage sales. 


This is the back cover. I wanted it to blend with the front cover, but it still needs some embellishing. :) The envelope is holding business cards and scraps from the trip that I will eventually work in.  

That's it for now. I will be layering and journaling more soon. Merry Christmas everyone!

Dee2

12 comments:

Jana said...

Tell me about the amazing flower on the cover? Where did you get it?

Mellisa said...

I love the flowers, they're the perfect touch!

cindy said...

Look at you getting your vintage on! And its as fabulous as I thought it would be. You are amazing!

-c

michele P said...

I have seen many journals, but this is the BEST one I have seen! LOVE IT!

CT said...

Love, love, love your NYC journal.

robin dudley-howes said...

It's perfect...the flower, the old and new ephemera, your compostion ....everything! I just started pinterest and I found your journal there. Only thing is it's hard sometimes to find the original "maker". YOur journal is repeated quite a bit.

liz a. said...

this journal is just lovely! thank you for sharing! can you make me one? really!!! lol!

Sherri said...

followed pinterest pins to you :)
FUN to watch it circle around and around

rebekah said...

found your blog by way of this book from pinterest & it has been one of my favorite since! just love the texture, hand died ribbons, dramatic fabric flowers & all the other tid-bits that make this a fabulous book! amazing!

Lea said...

Hi. I re-pinned a photo of your beautiful album on pinterest tonight. It's so pretty and I love the velvet rose on the front. I'm off to see if you have a tutorial for those on your lovely blog. Happy journaling! Lea

Joan said...

Just love this.

bridenet said...

I love tat velvet flower and I love the New York altered book.
Your altered books are wonderful.
Carmen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails