Sunday, December 19, 2010

Progressive Album

Everyone is always asking me what a completed album looks like so I am going to share one I made for myself. :)

The first night of Maya Road's Artistic Journey (way back in October) we all worked on a progressive album. There were several stations set up to show newbies how to use different products, and learn new techniques. I really enjoyed it as a way to meet the different teachers and ladies attending the event. I stayed up late the first night and completed my album. 


The album came pre-painted black, my least favorite color, so I added an envelope from the inside to brighten it up. I also painted the edges of both the album and envelope with white and turquoise paint, and then sanded down spots channeling my inner Katie Watson. :) I crumpled up, and then flattened the paper heart and layered from there adding a scrap of Sassafras Lass and a punched out tab. 


The seam binding was pre-dyed with Maya Mist, and those ribbon flowers were made exclusively for our event. They didn't match the turquoise, but green and golden yellow are my favorite colors. :) 


We were given a pre-pressed chipboard tag that said "Artistic Journey" (NICE), but I decided to layer over mine to since I knew I wasn't going to be taking pictures during the Artistic Journey. I misted chipboard letters, and combined them with my favorite October Afternoon alphabet stickers to create my title. 


Cheryl Darrow showed us a few quick tips on using her metal, and I cut up the sheet and used it throughout my album. Love this chocolate bronze color metal. 




I journaled a list of our favorite things to do on family night on the inside cover. 


This is the page Katie Watson designed. She demonstrated how to use Maya Resist, and how to make these fabric flowers that were colored using Maya Mist. 


My favorite parts were the tiny punched out leaves for the misted tree. :)


This is just a page I threw together. I wanted to use this purple flower to bring out the purple in the pics. 


I have had those acrylic wings sitting on my shelf forever, and decided to finally use them with this journaling. 




We inked and outlined tiny chipboard elements at Aubrey Rives station. I used them throughout the album to bring out the theme of my family being knit together. 


The fabric scrap was leftover from Aubrey's station. :) I thought this tiny pop of pink was sweet with the pics of my little ones. 


The background paper is from Basic Grey Basics. 


I like to use shipping tags as my personal signature. :)


Just a page I put together adding in a few pieces from my stash. Those coffee colored roses for WOC are my absolute favorite flower. 


I used the clock embossing piece from Ten Seconds Studio and combined it with this MR sheer clock. 



This is one of my favorite pics of my family. I could scrap it over and over. :)


Layered with a MR scroll and MR turquoise ribbon. 


This page was inspired by Lisa Pace. :) I took one of her classes a few months before, and kept the basic design elements from how she layered her canvas envelopes. I want to play more with doilies and see what I can do with incorporating them into my style. 


Lisa showed us how to put together the ivory rose using MR ribbon, but mine did not turn out! I wrapped mine the opposite way hoping to make it look more organic, but it just turned out messy. Still liked it though. ;)


Annette P. hosted a table with all of TH Distress inks and stamps so we went to town shading and stamping. It was soothing. I then layered over it with the last of my TSS metal. 


I tucked in a few receipts from adventures my family has gone on together into this envelope on the back cover. 


I added a ribbon closure to the front and back pages, and then layered this envelope over the back page, and put a note to my kids inside. 

So, that's what a completed album looks like. Hope that helps when you're finishing one. Maybe next year you should go on the Artistic Journey. :) Happy Scrapping! 

Dee2

5 comments:

Jana said...

Love it. I took mine apart and post the pages all over the place.

kitsNbits said...

love, love, love. You are so talented. I love the pics of your family

Sandra said...

wow .... how stunning is this. It's really beautiful.

Amy said...

This one is amazing! I love it

Tammy said...

What an amazing album Dee Dee ~ it is just gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails