Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Maya Road Family Album

It's been a super busy week for me: my daughter turned five, my son has the flu, we got in a car wreck, doctor's appointments, design team work, our second car is in the shop.. Eeek! Then this weekend I am teaching at class, and Sunday we have about 30-35 people coming over for a birthday party. As you can imagine I haven't had much time to do the scrapbooking I have been hoping to finish.

I did manage to squeeze in making a mini-album. These Pink Paislee papers were calling out to me. I knew they'd go perfectly with some embellishments that I never had the right paper for. 


I just love the murky browns and blues. They have a beautiful aged appearance. 

I used a lot of traditionally boy colors, but dressed everything up with flowers and bling so I think this album could be for pictures with a son or a daughter. 


I think these jeweled stems and leaves really soften things up. 


I mixed in my two favorite colors yellow and green. :) 


I thought the Jenni Bowlin "Read This" sticker was perfect for the canvas envelope. 

I am hoping something gives in my schedule so I can put together a submission for Paper Cowgirls this week. I thought I had two more weeks to get to it, but the deadline is this Saturday. Stinkers. 

Happy Scrapping! DeeDee

3 comments:

ocbrandy said...

Totally in love. :)

Cara K Yarbrough said...

Oh this is SO pretty - so soft - these are also some of my favorite colors! You do such pretty items! Hope you keep up your blog also - just found it!

Sandra said...

With all that you've got going on, how one earth did you come up with this AMAZING, totally amazing album. WOW.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails