Sunday, January 9, 2011

Word of the Year - Scrap

It's 2011! My year of the stash went pretty well, but apparently it works better if you don't keep buying stuff! ;) Anyway, I am not sure what word 2011 will take on yet, but for now I am trying to aggressively use up my chipboard stash. I got down to less traditional shaped albums which means more creativity (and work).

This will be my last gate album for a while. So many steps to making them, but they're so beautiful and original. 


I love the blend of pinks of these three flowers. :) I sure wish I had a green thumb. I would grow roses like my mom used to. 


I love this banner across the front. I thought it would be so sweet to make something like it life-sized in the spring for my daughter for her days outback creating her magical wonderland. 



This bit of fabric was left over from a project from Katie Watson's class that I took. Love it. 



 I am off for a day of kiddie board games and princess movies. My sweet daughter is turning 5 today, and I want to soak up every moment. 

I'd love to hear what your word or theme for 2011 is, or if you have ideas for me! :)


Happy Scrapping! DeeDee


5 comments:

Sandie said...

Absolutely divine as always. I have to get my hands on one of those gate albums :)

Happy Birthday to the 5yr old. I know how the whole princess movie thing goes.. lol.

Sandra said...

What a beautiful, beautiful album - I'm so glad you decided not to give up on your blog :)

Tammy said...

It is such a pretty album ~ sweet for any girl!

Barbara in AZ said...

I just found your blog. Looking forward to seeing more of it. Barbara in AZ

The Flowering Angel (Celebrations by Cynthia) said...

Please visit my new store on Etsy, friend me on facebook and visit mu blog
The flowering angel. Check in to my blog to register for my Valentine shop giveaway! Hope to see you, I LOVE the gate album, it is super!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails