Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Shower Gifts and Decorations

I spent my Super Bowl Sunday off my feet after a painful fall over some mean-spirited toys on Saturday night. My hubby helped me get set up in my craft room so the whole day didn't go to waste. I designed these two projects which a friend of mine will bring as baby shower gifts/decorations later this month. She wanted something that could hold love notes to the baby, and also something that could be hung on the nursery wall after the shower. 


The shower colors will be baby pink and chocolate which I think is just darling. To give my projects a bit more of a vintage look I altered this jewelry box with creamy white paint, and added these sweet tickets with the vintage baby image. I also inked everything like crazy. It took 6 layers of inking to get the shading on this. 


I layered the lid with a fabric champagne colored flower and a chocolate brown felt blossom. I see now that the bakers twine is all twisted. It is actually tied in a nice bow. ;)


I added a chocolate brown patterned paper to the back side. 


A sweet ruler sticker added to the side. I added this mini tag to the top so the baby's name can be added when she is born. 


This is the inside of the lid. The baby's birthdate and weight should go here. 


I painted the inside, and added this rub-on and layered the sweet glittered charm over the top. 


I also made this wall hanging. I used a lot of the same embellishments - felt butterflies, chipboard letters I painted with crackle paint, and these sweet mini bingo cards. 

Hope my friend and the new mama enjoy their gifts. :) It will be tough to say goodbye to these beauties.

Edited to Add: I am currently hosting a giveaway on Facebook.

Giveaway time! :) Leave me a comment on my Facebook page to win a free handmade Valentine's Day scrapbook for your sweetheart. (It is uber-girly so don't expect to be able to give it to a man.) I will randomly pick a winner Monday, and mail out the album Tuesday.


Dee Dee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG i love both ..... the jewelry box and wall hanging!!! they both would look beautiful in my 1st grand baby / grand daughters room!! Theme is vintage and can i convince you to make these items for me?!!! LOL I just love them!! My name is Cindy and my email is Lindsay240@optonline.net
you are quite talented!! great job and I'm sure the new mommy will love these gifts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails