Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Steampunk Paper Bag Album

I have been waiting to show off this album. I submitted it as a class, but it was rejected. Boo. Anyway, I still love it. It's a new design from my other paper bag albums inspired by my friend Sherri who told me to try a PBA, but make it different. :) 

I will just share a few hi-lights with you. My theme was steampunk so I was trying to work in metal objects. 


Love this Gypsy woman on the cover, and the dark lace bordering the page flap. 


I gave her a little crown that I misted and then glazed over, and then smooshed a bit because I didn't want it to be too perfect. 


You can see where the flowers have been slathered with crackle medium. I love the color combo of the whole thing: rich shades of aqua and turquoise mixed with rustic reds. Love this little gear knotted into the twine. I do wish I'd made the brads silver or bronze instead of black so they'd show more. 


I painted all the pages of the album with a creamy white paint, and lightly stamped some images from stash. I loved the expression on this lady's face. 


A crinkled tag: my trademark for PBAs. I always like to sneak one in. I am almost out of these scrolls. Eek. Must find more. 



Love this keyhole sprayed onto here: metal without using metal. 


I created a pocket and flap on the backpage. :) Nifty. 


And this is what was concealed. See how it opens up? :) Anyway, not sure what I will do with it now, but I'm proud of it. 

Hope you like. Dee Dee

6 comments:

kitsNbits said...

I like it, I like it alot :)

ocbrandy said...

I love it too Dee Dee! I like the hand lifting the poor little man in his flying contraption :) Very "nifty" to flip the flap on the back page too! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I love love love it. You do AMAZING things with G45!!! I can't believe I still haven't dug into these papers from the last show!!!!!! This is beautiful!

Pam said...

I think it is Amazing! Super unique touches throughout!

DeeDee said...

Thank you. :)

DeeDee said...

Thank you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails