Monday, April 11, 2011

Fairytale Jewelry Box

I recently designed this shabby fairytale jewelry box for The Crafty Scrapper. It is my favorite project to date as the blueberry and plum colors are so fitting for my girl. 


This is the top shelf with a removable photo tag. The picture is of Sofie on her second birthday. Her curls were so perfect that day. :) I added lots of roses, and Maya Road chipboard. 


The drawers to which I added buttons and resin flowers. 


Hand-dyed seam binding and crepe paper tie on these sweet metal charms. 


The hand-cut fairy is holding a removable wand that I painted gold and adorned with flowers, buttons, and ribbons. 


 I added sweet scalloped shingles to the roof when my friend Brook told me to go all out. :)


The back side of the tag has another picture of Sofie on her second birthday. New dress, and different expression. ;)



I painted the insides of the drawers a rich purple, and added a few flowers in as well. I just love the whole thing. :) I might teach it as a class in May. Hope you like. 

Creativity belongs to all of us! 

Dee Dee


2 comments:

kitsNbits said...

Beautiful castle for a beautiful little princess

DeeDee said...

Thanks. She loves playing with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails