Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Goodbye Triple Digits


There has finally been a break in the miserable heat of our Texas summer. We've been in triple digits for as long as I can remember,and without rain for so long there are wildfires every day now. Last month we had four minutes of  rain. It was so out of the ordinary the kids and I ran outside to play in it, and thank God for sending it.



That's my daughter running in front of the house. She wanted to get her umbrella and rain boots, but I knew it wouldn't last through her getting dressed up.

 This is Blue running through the little stream headed for the drain at the bottom of the street. He was pretty fascinated by being able to run in the street for the first time.

This is the two of them making big splashes. It was a sweet moment, but we really need more rain. Please pray for rain for Texas!
 
The cooler temps are finally ushering in fall, and I couldn't be happier. It's still 90 degrees, but so much better than 110! :) Here is a sweet mini album I made with BoBunny's Forever Fall collection to show off pictures of the kids at the pumpkin patch last year.

 I know it is a bit early, but I am already eager for the leaves to turn, the days to shorten, and the nights to drag out into a cozy scene around the fireplace.

I will be teaching how to put together this album at The Crafty Scrapper on October 15th at 10am if you're interested, or you can call the store (972-923-3151) to reserve a kit. The cost is $35.
I need to break my camera out of the bag this week, and start snapping pictures of the kids so I can treasure this time of year when the next crazy summer rolls around! :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a cute album! The fires are so horrible. 1 new one was started by kids on purpose. And one was caused by fireworks in Bastrop. Along with someone who threw a cigarette out. Today I walked out and the smoke is in the air.

Nitasha said...

Supercute album! Had the pleasure of seeing several of your gorgeous albums at the Crafty Scrapper last weekend! Hopefully, I'll get the chance to take one of your classes soon, too! Have a great week!

Tammy E. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous album! Very unique. Hope you're doing well. Your kids are so cute and growing so quickly! Saying a prayer for rain!

Sheila said...

Oh, LOVE! Why can't I livein TX? Right! LOL
Yes, take pictures of the kids, lots of them. You just need to learn to keep it handy. I have one never far away.

DeeDee said...

Almost a year later as still so dry!

DeeDee said...

Thank you! Almost a year later and STIL need the rain.

DeeDee said...

I still Haven't been getting enough pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails