Sunday, May 20, 2012

Heidi Swapp File Folder for GASC

I finished up the file folder album I have been working on for The Crafty Scrapper to display at the Great American Scrapbook Convention. I seriously loved this style of scrapping, and how I was able to assemble my own pages to fit my scraps and pictures.

 

This is the front cover. I used Maya Road chipboard letters outlines with Stickles, and Maya Road rosette and zipper trims.

 Here's a little close up of the layering.
 The fish and other two cards in the pocket are all postcards I bought in port during the cruise, and then used them to journal about something memorable from that port.

 Inside front cover.
 My assembled pages. I used shipping tags, patterned paper, packaging from rub-ons, a plastic sleeve from the office supply store, and a transparency for the base pages.
 I layered in all the scraps I saved from the cruise, and used them to journal what I want to remember about the trip.
 I kept bracelets from our bus tour, a snippet of the daily schedule where we'd hi-light what ship activities we were interested in for each day, and of course the pictures I snapped along the way.
 I stored our room service receipts in this plastic sleeve. It was just the packaging from a set of rub-ons I'd used the day before.

 This page has sticker from a bottle of mosquito repellant I bought, and the story of why it was memorable written on patterned paper adhered to a transparency.

 Iused the tabs on each page to say where we were each day of the trip: at sea, in port, etc.
The last page is the plastic sheet holder which is storing the daily itinerary we were given each day. Thanks for looking! :) If you want to see it in person it will be in The Crafty Scrapper's booth at the Arlington Convention next week.

2 comments:

Jennifer Boehme said...

Love this!! Can't wait to see it in person...not going to convention since its Canton Weekend but I'll look for it at the store next time.

DeeDee said...

Thanks Jennifer! Hope Canton is going well for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails