Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Work In Progress Art Journal

This started out as a book, Black Beauty, from the dollar spot at Target. I wanted to do an altered children's book for a group of teachers that like to do a summer project, but I don't think they liked it. haha. Anyway, it has been morphing into an art journal about my love of reading. Here are some early pictures.


This is the cover. It still needs some work, but I am not sure what yet. I do like how it sort of just looks like a regular book with the Maya Road canvas page accenting the title.



I am planning to add in some patterned paper pages here.



I carved into the book, and started layering up.



I added this page of sticky-backed canvas, and have been layering onto is as the right pieces come to me.



I created a little pocket so I can slip this envelope in and out.



Check back for the completed pages! :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

LOVE it. Love the carved out page....way cool. And the wee pocket too.

Sandie said...

They were crazy if they didn't like it! Stunning work as always my friend! xx

DeeDee said...

Thank you. One of my recent favorites. I need to get back to it.

DeeDee said...

Thank you. Sniffle. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails