Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Canvas Using Graphic 45


I finally went to Painting With a Twist with some friends. Here's a pic of our canvases. I'm the little brown lady on the right. ;)


When we were painting I knew that I wanted to keep working with mine once I got home. I KNEW it needed paper and a scripture verse. :) I was really inspired by the colors of the night sky, and wanted to keep the same palette we'd originally been given - blue, black, white, and green. I recreated the brushstrokes with torn strips of patterned paper.

 I ended up using mostly Graphic 45 papers, and a tiny bit of BoBunny.
 I recreated the orbs on the original tree as stars in the sky using kraft circles by Maya Road.
 I turned the curling brushstrokes of the tree into comets made from black/white twine.
 Here's the moon erupting from the canvas with rolled paper.
 You can see some of the original paintwork here.
 You can see how I used ModPodge to curl the pages right off the canvas.
 The night sky.
The new canvas. :)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Grace said...

I love your re-do of this canvas.

Carol said...

Love your canvas! So pretty! And how you created the little town and the landscape - awesome!

Boxes and Packing Materials said...

You are looking very nice and painting too:) good job

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails