Friday, January 4, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas Art

I created two canvases for Ohana Ministries back in November. Sadly, I only got a quick pic of this one. Ohana Ministries reaches out to single, step, grandparent, foster, and adoptive families in DFW.

This canvas was inspired by the women who respond to the orphan crisis.


The girl is made from book pages that tell the story of an orphan found in a brothel, adopted by her extended family, and eventually led to faith in Jesus. Layered into the background are pages from my first bible given to me when I was an orphan.


I loved how all the layers in her hair turned out. I used all different rub-ons and stamps through her hair to look like curls and fly-aways. her wings are made from leaves and ribbon I had in my stash, and I created a layered skirt and dress from 7Gypsies patterned paper.

I am hoping to create a few more Mixed Media pieces in 2013, and learn some new techniques along the way. :) And to remember to take pictures. ;)

4 comments:

norma g said...

This is so gorgeous and inspirational. I love all of the thoughtful details you added to make it such a special piece, TFS!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog through Pinterest. Your work is adorable. I'm loving the leaves for wings.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and what an inspirational story

Nicole Gillette said...

How beautiful! I love the way you create your art dolls from the typed pages.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails