Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tissue Paper Christmas Banner


 I made several Christmas banners this year. I was really intending to make albums, and I didn't even make one! Maybe if I start in July this year I can actually do all the Christmas crafts I have in mind.

Here are some detail pictures of a black, red, and white Christmas banner I made in November.
 I covered the letters with Black Maya Mist from Maya Road and layered each onto a calendar square from Jenni Bowlin. Then I added a little embellishment under each letter (Maya Road linen bag here).
The little tree is from Hobby Lobby and the red trims are from Michaels. 
 
 I loved the way these little red buttons looked like holly berries layered together on the kraft envelope.

 Each panel had a layer of vellum to create a softened look. A little bling to line the I.
 I added silver and red Stickles for depth.
This was for a friend, and I was really quite pleased with the traditional look of it. Did you make a holiday banner this year?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It looks so pretty. Do you have a picture of it all strung together?

Cindy said...

very cute!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Love this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails