Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Day Crafts and Pancakes

The last twinkling lights and dark shadows of winter have finally been swept from my craftroom. The ribbons and trims have bloomed pink. New flowers have budded.

I also went through my stash and got out everything pink and frilly. Out came the Prima Flowers, Canvas Corp Canvas (trimmed into a heart shape), vintage pink buttons, a small mountain of pink and cream trims, and little romantic trinkets. *happy sigh*

Here's the first sweet nothing from my desk - made just to set my hands and heart to making something pretty, to finding my inner artist who has been feeling a little beaten up lately.

Turns out she's tiny and sweet.



 "my valentine"

layered patterned papers
tattered edges
crackle paint
distress ink
tulle roses






Here's my other valentine.
He's 3.
It won't be long before he starts school.
It's hard for me to think about.
I adore him,
and while I wouldn't call him spoiled..


 He's the only one I've ever cooked pancakes for,
(chocolate chip-walnut pancakes)
after digging in the dirt
because that's how he wanted to spend the morning.
 He isn't a fan of having his picture taken,
but I'd like a record of our days together for
when he is a teenager and nothing I do is cool
or interesting.
I will remind him of pancakes and playing in the dirt, 
and all the sweet nothings we did to pass the time.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

He's just so handsome. Breaks my heart to think that we become dull and boring to them, but it's true :(

My little man is 9 and while I still get snuggles indoors, he would take me down if I hugged him in public. lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails