Monday, March 25, 2013

Altered Rolodex Cards

It's late March, and the leaves on the tree outside my craft room window have finally begun to sprout. We had a wet stormy weekend, and then today it is a chilly 32 degrees. Oh how I long for Spring! For long walks in warm temperate weather enjoying the singing birds and everything come to life around me.

 

The Paper Cowgirls are doing an Altered Rolodex Swap, and I've decided to dive right in. It feels good to be creating again even in tiny budding amounts. The swap has a nice far away due date so there's little pressure and few restrictions. I'm creating things I like without worrying about whether other people will like them, without wondering if I am displaying enough technique and skill.


 

This is so my life right now - controlled chaos. *sigh* I suppose I must admit I'm not the one in control when it comes right down to it. So many things haven't been going according to my plans and desires, but I'm hanging in there and finding my joy in the Lord.

 It's been lonely, but I've been making better decisions about who to spend time with, and what things I allow in my heart and head. I just don't have energy for negativity and drama.

 I want to get there - that point where I'm not weighed down by the past and present troubles. Changing myself is a slow process. Perhaps like the start of Spring.

Thanks for stopping by, DeeDee


2 comments:

Sandra said...

These are gorgeous.

I hope this creating process gives you some time to think and brings you happiness

Sandie said...

These are just fabulous.. and each with such personal meaning. Love them, and you! xx

(not so fond of your word verification though!! lol)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails