Monday, March 11, 2013

Vintage Birthday Banner

I made this sweet vintage birthday banner for a friend. She's younger than me, but she has a fun vintage vibe. I'll resist feeling old..

She's from Waxahachie. She appreciates antiques. Her daughter is turning one. She had the sweetest photo session of her daughter in a secret garden wearing creamy lace, layered ruffles, and garden roses. The banner is meant to express all that.


Super simple. Let the colors and, patterns, and ribbon tell the story. 

 
Inky ribbons and dyed seam-binding.
Paisley papers.
Garden roses.
Twine cording.

I used my silhouette to knock out the letters. Easy peasy.

Happy Birthday little M. I pray this is a year is just your secret garden - full of untamed beauty, healthy growth, and secret merriment.
 I hope this banner can be used for many people in her family too.

DeeDee


1 comment:

mansaprints said...

what a great way to express the b'day wishes with the help of papers.
Paper Packaging

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails