Sunday, April 21, 2013

Burlap Crown in Texas Bluebonnets

I got a text from Bella Jewel Photography last month asking if I could put together a crown with neutrals to coordinate with her daughter's burlap wings. I knew it would need lots of texture since it had to stay neutral so I set off to Michael's and started touching everything and comparing textures.  This is what I came up with -



I sketched the crown onto gold paper and then lined it with thick gold glitter and burlap trim. Then I layered on honey golden flowers and a large creamy layered linen flower, and I added hand-cut butterflies from Graphic 45 paper.

She took her girls out into the bluebonnets to get pictures - one of my favorite Texas traditions and here are a couple pictures of the crown being enjoyed by its tiny owner. :)




Sister kisses. So sweet. I love getting to see where my handmade crafts end up and when they make people smile. :) Enjoy!

DeeDee

3 comments:

Tammy said...

This is absolutely wonderful, I love it! I love the picture of her wearing it in the field of flowers.

Cindy said...

lovely!!!!!!!

Sandie said...

Perfect!! Just perfect :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails