Thursday, August 15, 2013

Envelope Album - Front Porch Kit

I am a little late sharing this reveal, but we had the elementary orientation today and the day seemed to get away from me. Summer is coming to a close too soon! *why alarm clock why?* Ahem..

I have another project to share from the Little Blue House Front Porch Kit - this is my take on the whole hidden hinge album scene I have been seeing pop up everywhere.  I know, a little late to the party.. ;)

 So I created the base out of black cardstock. The binding is covered in embossed metal that I aged and distressed. Then I used some paper strips and embellishments from the kit to layer up the cover. Lurv. :)
 I stamped across the Polaroid cutout and added a little paper strip. I was going to title the album on the yellow strip, but hadn't decided what to call it yet. Something like summer 2013 or Our Summer Together?
 On each little adventure I took the kids on this summer I tried to take a selfie of us. They're not great quality pics, but I am happy to have documented we were together. We were happy. They were loved.
 This close up is so you can see the envelope pages. Each page has an insert with more pictures and journaling.
 I loved all the fun colors of this kit that worked well with black and white photos. Helps when my picture taking skills need improvement. HA!
 Another insert with a picture from my friend BellaJewelPhotography.
 I used one of the cutouts to create a page flap. There is a pictures and journaling under there.
 Loved these chipboard diecuts included in the kit. I outlined the heart with Stickles because I LOVE glitter.
 *happy sigh*
 This pic is shows off my summer adventure beginning to make flower crowns. I have 6 in the works right now to fill 3 orders. Yay!
 This is the back cover made to mirror the front. So many more pages and inserts I could show you. Check it out at The Little Blue House on display. :)
 
Now hop over to thelittlebluehouseonline.com to order a kit.
You can also see the Designer inspiration
galley HERE.
I have more projects to share over the next few days so I hope you'll stop back! 
Thanks for looking. DeeDee

1 comment:

kitsNbits said...

DeeDee I just love your work :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails