Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Front Porch Kit - Altered Alice Layout

I started to write happy Tuesday, and then I realized ... it's Wednesday! This week is flying by! I am a day behind somewhere. So um, happy Wednesday no time for small talk. ;) Here's another project reveal -



When I first opened this kit box I was a little um.. shocked. I was not expecting dark colors and a game theme. I am more a PINK and shabby type of girl. I wasn't sure if I was up to the challenge. Then about twenty seconds later my brain was all Alice in Wonderland, find a picture of your moody child, and run with it honey. And I did.
This is our little red queen. "All ways are MY way." That's our bossy baby, but isn't she beautiful? I had to stamp that across the picture using some Maya Road alpha stamps. I used the scrabble tiles and alpha stickers from the kit and outlined them in white to create this layered title.

The picture was taken by my friend BellaJewelPhotography.

Closer peek - I had so many ideas for the scrabble tiles. Happy they came in a giant bag so I can play with them MORE.
 There was also a full deck of cards so I had to create these little guards for my queen. Their hats are made from wooden pieces that come in a pack. Someone painted theirs red! Very naughty..
I used green felt and this beautiful thick leafy patterned paper to create grass and hills. A little stitching to hold all the dimension down.

 I used inky corrugated paper to make wonky trees, and then I layered in the poker chips, buttons, flair, wood buttons, and felt leaves to make the foliage.
 I stitched circles of paper and fabric behind the picture for a bit of whimsy.

 The painted clouds are made from this great blue corrugated cardboard, and there are bits of doodling all around. 

Here's the full layout. Me loves! Isn't the checkerboard paper fabulous?
ALL of the supplies used for this project came from the kit.
(Okay, not the paint, ink, and thread..)
Now hop over to thelittlebluehouseonline.com to order a kit, 

and leave a comment HERE for your chance to win one. 
You can also see the Designer inspiration galley HERE.
I have more projects to share over the next few days so I hope you'll stop back! 
Thanks for looking. DeeDee

3 comments:

ElaineH said...

I love the style of your layout - totally captures her...

Susan said...

What a fun, creative layout!

Rhonda Merry said...

DeeDee, thanks for joining us on this kit. I love all of your projects. I'm gonna have to be a follower now. I look forward to reading more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails