Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Game On Front Porch Kit Release Day

It's finally the reveal day for the "Game On" Front Porch Kit for The Little Blue House. Yay! I am too impatient for sneak peeks (and traffic, and cooking, and anything that involves waiting..) Haha. 

By the way, this is the first kit I've seen from The Little Blue House and it was packed to.the.brim. I was surprised by how much came in it- way more than other kit groups I've joined. It made me very happy not to have to ration paper or embellishments. :) "Yes, I do think I'll use fifteen embellishments on a layout. Thanks." Anyway, ..

 This was my favorite part of the kit - a mini clipboard! I LOVE to alter things so my mind was instantly spinning with ideas on what to do with it. I am hostessing a clipboard swap inspired by this kit on the Artsy Fartsy FB group.  :)
My clipboard is going to hang on the kitchen wall to show off papers the kids bring home from school. I titled it SHINE so they can show off their shining work or even their behavior charts. See now I think I will need one for each kid.. (Second kit?) For now it has the super sweet mini-album with pictures of my daughter from July in it.
   
I used VerDay paints to age the metal on the clipboard and bring out that beautiful patina. Then I added the chalkboard paper to the background and stamped, chalked, and colored in the designs. Then I added the scrabble tiles, poker chip, and bingo tile. Love. I am definitely a huge FAN of the chalkboard craze. This kit had several fun ways to get my feet wet trying it out. 

 The cover is layered with corrugated paper, patterned paper and cardstock, a Polaroid cut-out, a punched out heart and tab, a turquoise button, and polka-dotted ribbon layered over the top.

 The binding is simple red twine included in the kit.
 I kept the pages super simple so I can keep up with creating one mini each month for my kids of snapshots of the daily life. <3
All these gorgeous pics are from my friend Jeanine at Bella Jewel Photography.
ALL of the supplies used for this project came from the kit. Though I was tempted to add a paper clip.. ;)
Now hop over to thelittlebluehouseonline.com to order a kit, 

and leave a comment HERE for your chance to win one. 

You can also see the Designer inspiration galley HERE.

I have more projects to share over the next few days so I hope you'll stop back! 
Thanks for looking. DeeDee


1 comment:

Tracy :) said...

Love,Love,Love...ALL of your projects! Great job DeeDee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails