Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Altered Paper mâché Letter

I decided to alter a 24" paper mâché letter for my friend. She said she liked mustard, light green, and gold colors. First I painted the letter all over with mustard acrylic paint, and then I added metallic paints and VerDay to add age and patina to the letter. I finished the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. I was super happy with how it turned out.

While I had those paints out I altered some chipboard pieces too. I used metallic green on the believe sign and finished it off with olive seam binding and a beautiful crystal button.
Then I played with several metallic paints to alter this 18" chipboard key. I finished it with hand dyed seam binding and a vintage button.
I am still working on this cross. I wanted to play with the colors released by Pantone - so this is my version of cayenne. :)
I have a few more chipboard pieces to alter. :) Hope you like! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails