Saturday, February 15, 2014

Your time to shine - full kit reveal!

I'm so happy I can finally share my projects. I created a lot from this kit. I feel less behind in finishing my projects.

My first project from the kit was this 6x12" canvas. I knew I wanted it to be clean and have bright pops of color. These colors are perfect for my daughter's room so I am going to hang it in there. I collaged together the papers that had a white base, and then stenciled some white pops of color around the canvas.
 Then I stamped some circles using a coordinating paint (I used a toilet paper roll as my stamp) and stitched together these fabric flowers using the kit fabric. Each flower has three layers and is stitched together in a pinch for the center. I also added the chipboard heart and some assorted sequins. I LOVE the sequins in the kit.
The photo is from my daughter's first grade pictures with her nose in a book taken by Bella Jewel Photography. If you're local to Dallas - please check out her page!


I then created this altered box. I just picked it up from Hobby Lobby for like $2.  Paint the bottom white and the top half a sea green. Sand the edges a bit. I layered around the bottom of the box with the gold foiled paper and the gold ribbon. Then I added some patterned paper and a small piece of burlap to the top. I stamped "time to shine" with my distress inks and added a chipboard R that I painted gold and adhered with foam adhesive.



Inside I added this pincushion I stitched together with the fabric from the kit and one of the exclusive stamps. I also stitched on a couple sequins and added some pins. I wasn't sure if I will use in in my scraproom or to keep my ring in, but I loved the stamps from Reverse Confetti. They were made exclusively for this kit!


Here's a better picture of the pincushion. My daughter and I each made one. Such a cute project for a beginner. I love the tiny touch of sequins. :)


Next I created this sweet layered card. I feel like I should say STOP THE PRESSES. I am never happy with the cards I make, but I LOVE this one. The colors just came together perfectly for me.

I cut the tags with a Tim Holtz die and then stamped the sentiment with black Staz-on and layered with the chipboard star and sequins.














Here's a picture of the full kit. (I totally just stole this from someone else's blog.) Just so you can see there is SO much more I didn't even get to use yet. 

That's it for today. Tomorrow I have a double layout to share. :)

Check out the projects created from the kit from these other designers -

and Guest Designer from Reverse Confetti

Stop by the Little Blue House Blog and leave a comment for a chance to win a free Front Porch Kit. The winning commenter is going to be chosen tonight and announced tomorrow.


Or if you're like me and NEVER win anything you can order a kit  directly from the Little Blue House at 817-431-7930 or online at The Little Blue House You won't regret it. I have been seriously surprised every time by how much is in these kits and how many interesting and inspiring touches they think to add. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog to check out my projects! :)

3 comments:

Valerie Bishop said...

What a sweet little pillow! Love your projects!

Rhonda Merry said...

DeeDee, these are all so very cute. I love your card too. I feel the same way, I am rarely happy with my cards. I get so excited when I make one worthy of card makers everywhere. lol Great job. Can't wait to see your LO's.

Anne Flemings said...

I loved all of them. They are really cute and beautiful. You have a great talent in this creative packaging. I wish I had some talent like that. I specially love that card and the pillow. Looking forward to more of your creativity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails