Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Altered Painted Mason Jar

This is the second jar I created for the Altered Mason Jar swap I hosted. My partner wanted a cream, white, and black theme. I immediately thought shabby chic.
Before starting I knew I wanted to use the tiny Maya Road spools to hang a banner across the jar. I painted them white and then dry brushed them metallic paint and VerDay left over on my brush to age and distress them. Then I layered over the spools with these sweet alpha stickers. I also painted the old with the metallic paint and VerDay and then folded white dots around the rim of the jar.
The inside of the jar was painted with the same method I mentioned in my last post. :) Super easy. 

The jar is tried with Maya Road trim and vintage lace, and the spools are strung with twine and a small pink rose to accent. 

So sweet right? Thanks for looking! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails