Friday, April 11, 2014

Custom Blue Green Easter Banner

Howdy. :) I'm so glad we're finally settling into Spring! Though I could do with a few less hail storms.. :) Easter is coming in another week or so and I wanted to share this custom Easter banner
I created. I was asked to create something heavy on the blues and greens and using lots of neutrals. Here's what I came up with. 

It's been cloudy so I took this out front to snap a quick pic. No, I wouldn't normally hang a banner across my front door. :D



This is a picture of the first panel so you can see a bit more of the detail. I mixed pinks, blues, yellow, and creamy buttermilk . Some of the ribbon was hand-dyed. 
The butterflies are back out at my house. Sadly, the wasps are making their return known too.. :)

She also asked that I use flowers so I dug through my "abundant" stash for these sweeties. 
Here you can see this sweet vintage Easter bunny image. She said she loves vintage ephemera so I thought if sneak this into the background.

Here you can see the gorgeous sequined and velvet trims I used across each banner piece. 

I know it's tiny, but I loved the detail of the circles in the metal jewelry behind the letter.

It's all tied together with spring twine and ready for her mantle. So fun!  :) Thanks for stopping by! 

DeeDee 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails