Thursday, October 9, 2014

TX Homecoming Mum

Let me start off by saying, I'm not a native Texan.

*Gasp*

However, I do love Texas and I am married to a full-blooded Texan. You can always tell them apart by their deep TX love and swagger. :)

Loving Texas means loving highschool football and homecoming, and I do! When I was in highschool, I was introduced to homecoming mums by a friend's mother. She was aghast that I wasn't going to have a mum and took me to the (giant) craft store to buy all the trinkets to put together my first mum. I wish I still had it..
 
I had the privilege of putting together a homecoming mum for my niece. I snapped a few pictures to share with you.


 She's a sophomore and plays on the varsity Volleyball team. *Proud Aunt*

I know. It's funny that they sell #1 in all the school colors. Texans don't care..

Go Skeeters!

 
I spent a ridiculous amount of time agonizing over the top of the mum, but I was happy with it in the end.

She plays basketball too. She's tall in case you haven't guessed. :)


That's my sweet niece on the right. She's been taller than me since Jr. high. Sigh.

Bonus pic - that's her looking intense on the volleyball court. Go #3!

Have you ever made a mum? I hosted a vintage mum swap a few years back, but sadly didn't get a full picture of the mum I created. Here's the peek I took..














 You can see how much prettier they are with real ribbons and fabric.

Thanks for stopping by.

DeeDee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails